Godzilla Minus One - December 1, 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3093.jpeg

Saw this. Definitely, it was entertaining. Reading the feedback and comments here, I had high expectations but for me it felt like watching a good anime in live action form. The story beats, characters, their struggles and truimphs, how they're portrayed, and scope of epicness, were very reflective of anime story telling. Maybe my feedback is reductive of the whole cinematic experience so maybe it's more reflective of modern Japanese story telling.

Saw this. Definitely, it was entertaining. Reading the feedback and comments here, I had high expectations but for me it felt like watching a good anime in live action form. The story beats, characters, their struggles and truimphs, how they're portrayed, and scope of epicness, were very reflective of anime story telling. Maybe my feedback is reductive of the whole cinematic experience so maybe it's more reflective of modern Japanese story telling.
I don’t watch Anime. So I’m good :lol

What I like most is G is more animal / force of nature....Rather than personality.

Its also the reason I like Legendary G more than Kong....I want my Kaiju primal, not good or bad, just a force.

Hence why I like 2014 still and like all the newer American films less and less.

Destroy All Monsters was on TCM yesterday. Kaijus Greatest Hits!

Man, I had a lot of patience when I was a kid.
Haha yeah I tried watching one of the older Godzilla films recently, and didn't make it very far. Much like with James Bond, I think I like the character and concept more than most of the actual films.

So I know it's inevitable now, but am I the only one who has no desire for a sequel? This one already tells a perfect, self-contained story, and as much as I love these characters, I can't see any followup to their story having the kind of emotional impact this one had.

And I don't want to see it become yet another Godzilla vs _______ movie where it's all about the "cool monster fights" and he's no longer the force of nature he was here.

I'm not keen to see a vs movie, but I think this film demonstrates that you can build a solid film around Godzilla alone. I'd like to see a sequel that explores the aftermath of Godzilla, there's room for a compelling story, and keep it in the past where you didn't have the best tech to combat him.

So I know it's inevitable now, but am I the only one who has no desire for a sequel? This one already tells a perfect, self-contained story, and as much as I love these characters, I can't see any followup to their story having the kind of emotional impact this one had.

And I don't want to see it become yet another Godzilla vs _______ movie where it's all about the "cool monster fights" and he's no longer the force of nature he was here.

I'm not keen to see a vs movie, but I think this film demonstrates that you can build a solid film around Godzilla alone. I'd like to see a sequel that explores the aftermath of Godzilla, there's room for a compelling story, and keep it in the past where you didn't have the best tech to combat him.
If the director is going to do a sequel then I am up for whatever he decides to do.

If they do a sequel I'd want it to be set decades later. These characters went through too much just to have him reappear a month later.

Wow, this dropped to page 2. I knew y'all were lying to me.

Anyway, got tickets to see this tomorrow night. Here we go...
I think what "ruined" the movie for me was the hype. It was never going to live up to what I imagined.
I enjoyed it, just not as much as some of the posters here. I should have just gone and watched it as planned, but I waited and read. It lost some of that discovery because I was expecting. That's not always a good thing.

Back