Godzilla Minus One - December 1, 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would have been nice for a little more destruction before he followed the plane out to sea.

At least that’s how I felt on first viewing…

But the trailers did let me down by showing too much. If I did not watch those I would have been completely satisfied. Stupid trailers showed almost all the cool stuff in Tokyo.
Shoot. I watched whatever the first trailer was a few months back and nothing since. If that one gave most of the action away it had thankfully left my mind by the time I finally saw it today.

I can't believe how into it the audience was. People were dead silent during the quiet scenes.

I've always been more of a casual Godzilla fan but man when the classic score kicked in during the Ginza attack I was grinning ear to ear like a little kid.

Did I misread this...?
You did

IMG_1263.jpeg

The "Monsterverse" is so stupid. The MCU-ification of everything is genuinely the worst thing to happen to pop culture.

I'll stick with Peter Jacksons King Kong :dunno.
I fully enjoyed KvG

It’s dumb but I have fun with it.

I am not a huge fan of PJ’s KK. It’s over bloated pretty much everyone but Naomi Watts was miscast

I would have preferred a more faithful LK remake and not have included the 70’s version “love” story between Anne and Kong

I like it ok but it’s just got too many silly moments… That Dino Stampede is the worst.

Spoiler Spoiler:
I don't WANT it to have impact, lol, he had already gone through so much, that would have just been a bridge too far.

I’m super happy with Shin and MO.

If I want a super hard-core government focused procedural multinational reaction to Godzilla I watch Shin.

If I want a deeply personal character driven story with an emotional core i’ll watch MO.

But MO does best out Shin with Godzilla screen time.

In Shin he literally takes a nap lol

It would have really tainted the movie if
Spoiler Spoiler:
It seemed like a MASSIVE stretch that she survived the blast... but at the same time it felt so unnecessarily cruel for the movie to kill her off the way it did, and I wanted to see this couple get together so bad that I can forgive it in the end.

It seemed like a MASSIVE stretch that she survived the blast... but at the same time it felt so unnecessarily cruel for the movie to kill her off the way it did, and I wanted to see this couple get together so bad that I can forgive it in the end.
Agreed.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back