GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RjMR2oP.png

:chase

So a few things I didn't notice with my theatrical viewings.

When Burning Godzilla uses his radioactive Pulse.. You can hear Mothra and see the outline of her wings when the pulse goes off. My son noticed it in the theaters and told me it was there after the fact but I had not seen it again till last night.

And during the first Godzilla vs King Ghidorah fight when Godzilla is knocked down the first time and he gets up his roar is actually the classic 1954 roar and not the more modernized version.

This film looks great in 4K :)

Anybody else make the mistake of ordering Godzilla KOM 3D from Amazon?

They haven't received their stock, nor does cs know when they will get them in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

When Burning Godzilla uses his radioactive Pulse.. You can hear Mothra and see the outline of her wings when the pulse goes off. My son noticed it in the theaters and told me it was there after the fact but I had not seen it again till last night.

And during the first Godzilla vs King Ghidorah fight when Godzilla is knocked down the first time and he gets up his roar is actually the classic 1954 roar and not the more modernized version.

Holy crap holy crap you are right I never noticed that before!

8088a2c4b8a5f7d447cc9e833d0d7637.jpg

7b99add6709aaa086d021d86d85f2c3b.jpg

Anybody else make the mistake of ordering Godzilla KOM 3D from Amazon?

They haven't received their stock, nor does cs know when they will get them in.

Nope after you said it sucked I avoided it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap holy crap you are right I never noticed that before!

8088a2c4b8a5f7d447cc9e833d0d7637.jpg

7b99add6709aaa086d021d86d85f2c3b.jpg

Nope after you said it sucked I avoided it.

I've come to notice that sometimes 3D of certain films looks bad in theaters (or, at least the theater I went to) but looks good at home. So, since so many have said the 3D was good, I figured this must be the case. I figured I'd give it another shot, and just get the 4K on black Friday if it's underwhelming.

I found the human elements slightly less annoying this home viewing....

But not Mille, shes still annoying as ever.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I loved it... seen it 4 times already and own it. Grew up watching the cartoons and this just makes my inner child happy. Can?t wait for future films

As much fun as the theatrical experience was, it was so loud, many subtle sounds were lost, I didn?t hear Mothra with the pulse nor the ?54 roar, but at home you can take it all in full glory. Wish the ?54 was used more often and not the Showa roar.

As much fun as the theatrical experience was, it was so loud, many subtle sounds were lost, I didn?t hear Mothra with the pulse nor the ?54 roar, but at home you can take it all in full glory. Wish the ?54 was used more often and not the Showa roar.

I agree.... the music is easier to hear also. Could hardly hear the Godzilla theme in the theaters

Yeah, the theater viewing definitely made you feel like you were in the chaos with the audio effects, but it was so busy that they drowned some highlight moments completely out. I remember walking away thinking Dougherty lied about having the '54 roar in there, but then you watch at home and it's clear as day and sounds good with this Godzilla, far more fitting than the more "fun" showa roar that was used repeatedly. I just wish it was used like when he first roars before the fight starts, rather than a going down to the mat moment.

The mothra in the blast is used for both blasts that is easily now one of my favorite Godzilla moments ever after learning that.

I also never noticed Godzilla?s grin at KG after the first blast when KG hits him with its lightning lasers in a desperate attempt at preservation lol

Godzilla just laughing at KG attack as in you are so screwed.

4ec7bca4338ad71d0bf9fc4a67f9311f.jpg

I think that unfortunately for this movie, some of the most amazing elements are not the most obvious, so it takes home video and analysis to catch them all and grow appreciation for the movie.

Hands down the dumbest scene in the entire movie is when the 2 military guys protected by some pillars hold the kid and mother from flying away due to Rodan?s attack while everything else around them gets easily destroyed other than their pillars they literally show the entire city get disintegrated other than their building.

It?s like Michael Bay Transformers 5 bad.

Thankfully that?s the only cringe worthy eye rolling moment in the entire movie.

Back