Go Hero ROCKETMAN 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news! Go Hero is shipping these out any day now.

From GH today.

So...about Rocketman...If you ordered it...great, we are processing them into next week. If you did not already order it, but are about to when you see it, you will be put on a wait-list. Once we hit a certain number of wait-list orders, we can make more, but this initial run was a short run and all that were shipped are spoken for. If we get cancellations, I will post info.

Mine ships today. Will def post a review. The Cavill head to follow.

There were only 500 made in this initial run of a LE 1,000, so if they don't fill orders for another 500, these will be quite rare.

Just got home. It's FINALLY here. Will try unboxing this after dinner.

EDIT:

Just unboxed and inspected this figure and I am very happy with it. All the metal parts and accessories, and not light metal, I'm talking heavy metal which comes with this figure is ultra cool. I haven't yet tested the helmet so I'm pretty anxious about that. Waiting on the Cavill head then I'll post pics, because Judd Holdren was always my Commando Cody.

Last edited:
Picked up mine today. It was delivered to a friends house because UPS has trouble finding my address. Haven't had a chance to open it yet. Maybe after work at 10 PM.

I think the plastic tabs were meant to come out through the holes in the visor and fasten between the two notches on the helmet.

However, even if I could manage to get them out with the visor closed, I can't see those shallow notches holding them in place.

I also tried pushing them into the holes from the outside, but there's no friction whatsoever to hold it tight to the helmet.

Double-sided tape is the only thing that came to mind - apart from super glue which did cross my mind!

I'm consoling myself at the moment by setting up DAM/VTS' Weapon Advisor (Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox). Now that is a fine, fine figure. Twice the quality for half the price!

That's where I am with this.

I got the helmet to stay shut with the little plastic tabs. I didn't use the leather football helmet or the black neck ring. Holding tight and looks good. So without the tall stand the top of the rocket pack hangs loose, away from the top of the jacket. Think a magnet would have worked here. Also missing one of the tiny magnets that hold the chest panel. But other then that I love this figure. We'll worth the money to me.

20150729_234922.jpg
20150730_000100.jpg
20150730_000459.jpg

Best I can do with a phone.

Last edited:
Originally wanted this to go with Rocketeer, Buck Rogers, Ironman and Fett, but Hot Toys happened.

Congrats tl. I haven't played with mine yet, will do on monday but could someone please repost these pics rightside up? :lol

Yeah, I didn't want to use that black helmet because I know black hats tend to stain headscuplts. and the black neck band just didn't seem nessasary. I'll send an email about the magnet. For now I just taped it. The old fold the scotch tape trick, lol.
View attachment 200649
Don't know why photos are coming sideways.

Last edited:
Congrats tl. I haven't played with mine yet, will do on monday but could someone please repost these pics rightside up? :lol

Use to watch reruns growing up in the sixties. Would pretend my G.I. Joe was Rocketman. Been wanting a Rocketman figure for years. Tried to get someone to custom build the metal parts. Would of cost a lot more then this whole figure did.
11824241_10206518966188946_1630857318_n.jpg

11830143_10206518896107194_1475669033_n.jpg

:clap

That's good.

I considered removing the 'flight cap' so that the helmet would sit lower, but now that it's all set up with the tape holding and little tabs in place I don't want to mess with him!

The tall stand seems like an afterthought, and a strong magnet there would have helped immensely in making the figure easier to pose.

I wonder how they managed with the original costume?

King-of-the-Rocketmen-in-flight-cloud-closeup-1949.png

Bummer about the magnet, but glad you're pleased.

Overall it's not a perfect design, but maybe the best that could reasonably be expected considering how the original functioned.

He's one of my favourite figures.

Cody's Commandos
Looks like it had snaps at the shoulder blades.
-
jacket1.jpg

Lovin this more and more as I check it out. Just the metal toolworking alone on this figure is extraordinary. The helmet blows me away, it's NOT plastic, Guys, that's what we would have got with any other company but you got to give these guys credit for doing the iconic "bullet head" helmet and so many other parts in metal -- to get a customizer to do this would cost way over $500 IMO, because of the detail and craftsmanship of the working metal parts.

Anyway, very cool, very happy, I have no other figure like it. Tested the visor straps, no problem holding it tight. I'm gonna play with this guy on Monday now that everything checks out. I'm gonna try to add magnetic tape inside the jacket to see if it'll hold the upper rockets in place.

Lovin this more and more as I check it out. Just the metal toolworking alone on this figure is extraordinary. The helmet blows me away, it's NOT plastic, Guys, that's what we would have got with any other company but you got to give these guys credit for doing the iconic "bullet head" helmet and so many other parts in metal -- to get a customizer to do this would cost way over $500 IMO, because of the detail and craftsmanship of the working metal parts.

Anyway, very cool, very happy, I have no other figure like it. Tested the visor straps, no problem holding it tight. I'm gonna play with this guy on Monday now that everything checks out. I'm gonna try to add magnetic tape inside the jacket to see if it'll hold the upper rockets in place.

Think you'll have to had a magnet to the rocket pack too, or a metal strip. I don't think a magnet will stick to the rocket pack metal.

Bought some magnets at Michaels Crafts, notice a hole in the back of the rocket pack and thought a small magnet would fit. Ended up having to shave the hole with a blade to get the magnet to fit. Super glued in then place another magnet under the jacket. Worked like a charm.

11798236_10206529638455746_1057347520_n.jpg

11798378_10206528763793880_1631560708_n.jpg

11823948_10206528782554349_1505126162_n.jpg
11802101_10206528791314568_1581326904_n.jpg

Nice! Great work and thanks! I have magnetic strips and will try that first. But knowing there's a solution is comforting, believe me, because this figure absoolutely demands the jet pack look right.

The lenses in the helmet didn't make it to final production?

GHRocketman_tease_2.jpg

Will open mine tonight but can't wait.

There are lenses in the helmet visor eye sockets, mounted from inside/middle. They reflect light from some angles, look dark from others and appear transparent looking straight on...

ghrm5_zpshwo8amqw.jpg

I'm now on the hunt for mini-magnets, magnetic tape was a bust. Toylion, could you please repost that picture of the magnets you used or let me what size to get?

BTW,here's mine in its box waiting ready for its Cavill head...

ghrm6_zpsl5d1ibgx.jpg

Last edited:
Back