GI Joe/Military/Historical Boards the new Customs Section?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenammagazine

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know that people get drowned out relatively quickly in the FUBAR'd customs section, and that the cluster**** is being sorted out at a snail's pace, but WTF people? Do we really need to have a flurry of non-topic related customs here? I'm not saying the work isn't quality, it is, but this isn't the place for you to get eyes on your work by bypassing the topic.

Or does it not matter anymore and I can go post my Wolverine custom in the DC section and a Major Bludd review in Whedonville (though the latter's likely to get zero views :p)?

I know that people get drowned out relatively quickly in the FUBAR'd customs section, and that the cluster**** is being sorted out at a snail's pace, but WTF people? Do we really need to have a flurry of non-topic related customs here? I'm not saying the work isn't quality, it is, but this isn't the place for you to get eyes on your work by bypassing the topic.

Or does it not matter anymore and I can go post my Wolverine custom in the DC section and a Major Bludd review in Whedonville (though the latter's likely to get zero views :p)?

:exactly:
Thanks Nam. Not everyday I agree with you.

I will say I'm not a huge fan of even "the best" custom work in this section. And trust me...the quality of custom work posted here is largely over endorsed and reinforced by praise.

If you are good enough to work for Sideshow...you'd be working at Sideshow. :lecture

Otherwise take it somewhere else.

Found it! :p

ImageoftheDayWolverineToy.jpg

Thanks Nam. Not everyday I agree with you.

And today's not one of those days either because you clearly missed that he was complaining about

non-topic related customs

Until Dave sees fit to give the Joe section its own custom sub-forum all GI Joe/Military/Historical related customs should continue, and will continue, to go in this section.

And today's not one of those days either because you clearly missed that he was complaining about

Until Dave sees fit to give the Joe section its own custom sub-forum all GI Joe/Military/Historical related customs should continue, and will continue, to go in this section.

:exactly::goodpost:

I understand that some want eyes on their work and that the custom section is a sea of douchy fanboy bumps that bury good work, but this is one of the last places in these boards I'd call safe (although with HT doing Joe who knows how long that's gonna last). Seeing artists post unrelated customs is pretty much spamming this subforum for attention. If there's that big an issue, people need to PM Darklord Dave about it and ask him to make a definitive ruling regarding the customs section to clear up the mess there.

As for topic-related customs (i.e. GI Joe, Military or Historical customs), please carry on. There's zero issue and that's not what I was addressing with this thread. This is where they belong until there's a subforum here for customs, or until such time where all customs are mandated to go in the customs boards.

Last edited:

Sorry for hurting your feelings MANDO. I guess I just don't know what I'm talking about.

God forbid anyone stings your ego.

:exactly::goodpost:

I understand that some want eyes on their work and that the custom section is a sea of douchy fanboy bumps that bury good work, but this is one of the last places in these boards I'd call safe (although with HT doing Joe who knows how long that's gonna last). Seeing artists post unrelated customs is pretty much spamming this subforum for attention. If there's that big an issue, people need to PM Darklord Dave about it and ask him to make a definitive ruling regarding the customs section to clear up the mess there.

As for topic-related customs (i.e. GI Joe, Military or Historical customs), please carry on. There's zero issue and that's not what I was addressing with this thread. This is where they belong until there's a subforum here for customs, or until such time where all customs are mandated to go in the customs boards.

I pitched it to him ages ago, and the answer was essentially so long long as the custom threads aren't running the main topics off the board within a day that there was no real need. This was around the time the DC section was being bombarded with TDK Jokers and mod threads, etc. As opposed to the slow goings down here in the basement. So I could see what he meant.

Sorry for hurting your feelings MANDO. I guess I just don't know what I'm talking about.

God forbid anyone stings your ego.

:lol

I pitched it to him ages ago, and the answer was essentially so long long as the custom threads aren't running the main topics off the board within a day that there was no real need. This was around the time the DC section was being bombarded with TDK Jokers and mod threads, etc. As opposed to the slow goings down here in the basement. So I could see what he meant.
:lol

Thankfully, I don't see that happening here, for the most part. Although if Flosi hadn't cleaned house, who knows how long it'd be before we'd be looking at the latest Star Trek customs, Walking Dead bashes or mulleted Blades. :panic:

I gotta agree, glad there was a cleansing.

Its awesome seeing peoples Joe customs and the other seal/DevGru/Saving Private Ryan stuff, but if I want to see Horror customs, I'll drop by the horror section, etc. etc...

Just report those threads if they pop up, and someone will eventually get to it. Looks like just one guy was responsible for most of the problems you are talking about, from threads started yesterday, and they have been moved to appropriate sections now.

Back