GG Ron & Hermione bust Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NASEDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
Glad to here Ron And Hermione are coming. Seems like the so called "Scooby Gang" is completed. That was fast. The pictures of Hermione look great. This is an awesome line. The Dumbledore bust is one of the best I seen in a long time. Very happy with this line.

Ron and Hermione, i'm so happy! :)
I own all 4 that are out right now, and i love them, the sculpts are amazing.
It's great that Ron and Hermione are coming now, can't wait to see pics of Ron. Hermione looks "spot on" as they say, i'd rather have her wearing her hogwarts outfit, but this will do, the face is great, and i love the Monster book she's holding. Nice touch.

Last edited:
Yep, I'm very pleased with the direction this line is taking, although I'd never thought to see a generic deatheater so soon. And they don't have Lucius as deatheater up on their site, I'm wondering if that's going to be an exclusive somewhere.

I thought about getting these, but then I decided to pass on them, mostly for financial reasons. If a company ever gets a 12 inch line going for HP, I'll be there. Still, these look very nice.

Josette said:
I thought about getting these, but then I decided to pass on them, mostly for financial reasons. If a company ever gets a 12 inch line going for HP, I'll be there. Still, these look very nice.
In the latest ToyFare, there are pics of 12" HP. They show the 3 kids.

Didn't know about that...what company is this?

Gentle Giant

Hermione looks "spot on" as they say, i'd rather have her wearing her hogwarts outfit, but this will do, the face is great, and i love the Monster book she's holding. Nice touch.

Pics anyone?

Seen the Ron / Hermione & Quidditch Harry statues, but not seen any pics of busts of Ron / Hermione. It would have made sense for the main three busts to be wearing their uniforms.

The Lucius is the SDCC exclusive this year.

Which is great for those of us in the UK!

:rolleyes:

Look's like I'll be hitting up e-bay and paying a ridiculoso amount of postage

RichPG said:
Pics anyone?

Seen the Ron / Hermione & Quidditch Harry statues, but not seen any pics of busts of Ron / Hermione. It would have made sense for the main three busts to be wearing their uniforms.

There are no pics of the Ron bust as of yet I believe, but here is a pic of the Hermione bust I found:

img41906mz5fu.jpg

The Gentle Giant ones are more like statues though, right? I'm pretty sure I've seen a picture of them.

GG did have some statues of the trio on display at last years SDCC i believe, but we never heard anything about those anymore, and they didn't have them at Toy Fair. So i don't know if they will even get released (i hope so cause they looked very good)

Anyway, i hope i will be able to get the Lucius bust, if not i hope they will make a 'regular' version of him. Think of the people overseas GG!

:peace

The statues were made just for display at the con, according to the GG PIC they had no plans to make them into a new line at the present time.

Jesse

Josette said:
The Gentle Giant ones are more like statues though, right? I'm pretty sure I've seen a picture of them.

Here's a (bad) picture I took of them at SDCC last year. It'll be a pity if these never get released. I prefer full statues to busts. Plus, Ron and Hermione were in their Hogwarts outfits (which I would also prefer), and it looks like the Hermione bust will be in her "street" clothes.

That's kinda sad, cause like i said, they looked very good
Maybe in the future? if the busts do well.
Anyway, i'm hoping they will have a picture of Ron up soon, he's my favorite and he was supposed to be shown at Toy Fair.. so it can't be long now?

Thanks for the Hermione pic Turgon, I found a pic on GG's website, but yours looks much better.

Hermione & Ron will be must haves IMO.

Why are they releasing generic deatheaters & dementors?

What about a Hagrid, Malfoys (Draco or Lucius (regular costume),Neville Longbottom, Voldemort, Mertle, tri wizard champs & heads, Barty Crouch, Fudge, Filtch, Rita Skeeter,Wormtail, The Weasley's, The Dursley's or some more teachers?

Well, i think they want to keep the line interesting, if they would just release all the major characters, people will buy those and probably won't be interested in any minor characters GG would release.
By just trowing them in between main characters, there's a bigger chance of people buying them. And therefor, they will make more money. That's what i think...

I also think that they will release a normal version of Lucius as well, sounds like the most logical thing to do. (or maybe i just really want that to be true)

There are so many visually rich characters that they could go for a long time. GG does generic characters a lot in their SW lines so it isn't surprising that they are stretching to find some for HP. But besides a Dementor and the Deatheater are there other generics they could do?

The story on the three statues at SDCC was that they had done a handful of them for big wigs at WB, etc. They showed off the work, but there were no plans at the time to do them. They were really trying to generate interest of course.

Haven't seen the Ron bust yet, but the others look terrific!

That Hermione looks great. I wasn't too interested in this line after seeing the Sirius Black, but there are a couple I wouldn't mind getting. It seems though that the Harry Potter bust price has recently skyrocketed.

Back