GG Mini-Busts: The Next Batch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

Ya gotta love old school Yoda.
Thanks for the link. I'll be getting one. It will probably be a high ES because GG knows it'll "sell like hotcakes".
Oh well, it will look really good next to pilot Luke. :rock

re

Gee, I still have the red, yellow, blue and green clone trooper busts to buy before Commander Bly and Commander Cody, not to mention the other ranks of the new guys when they arrive.:thud :eek :google :bang2

Well, I made a start by getting the white infantry bust and the Clone Pilot bust.

re

I feel like the cat that got the cream!

I nabbed Boba Fett at auction and the same seller offered me a blue clonetrooper bust for $350 with no additional shipping cost, as both will be sent together tomorrow. :toast :banana

Nice one! :clap

I don't have a clonetrooper, but I have the Boba, and it is spectacular. Value aside, it is by far my favorite bust. The detail is amazing and you gotta love the Fett. :rock

Hi guys, I'm new to collecting GG stuff ( I've just started with the bikerscout and chrome stormtrooper busts bought from forbidden planet in london) and was wondering where the best place is to order new GG stuff from as they dont ship to Europe from their website (I'm in the UK).

re

Gunner, I am in the same situation as you. I have made all but 2 of my purchases from overseas sellers, and often via ebay. I don't know of any retailers who stock GG here in the UK, apart from the obvious one of Forbidden Planet. You'll be hard pushed to find the more exclusive, rarer pieces over here, namely the clonetrooper variations and of course Boba Fett, but with time, patience and a healthy bank balance...you'll succeed. :D Good luck with your collection. :elf You will see mine in all its glory later this year when I launch my new site.

Looks like there will more colour variations on the Clone Troopers. :thud :D

www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/LEGOrotsfigures.jpg

Gazmog, R2Dtoys stock GG also. He also has a presence on ebay & was at NEC Memorabilia. Not particularly cheap, but has a decent selection.

www.r2dtoys.com/store/sto...&x=28&y=21

Probably ought to steer clear from his ebay unless BIN, LOTR forum suspect he's involved in Shill bidding.

re

Rich, that business is waaaaaay too expensive. :thwak I have browsed the site once or twice and found all lines overpriced. Part of the fun of collecting is being able to find pieces, particularly the rarer ones, much cheaper, and ebay is great for that. Most sellers overseas will sell the item below retail, and even with shipping it can often work out cheaper than buying them from a UK based seller. Sellers like this guy(R2dToys) know all too well that these cannot be purchased via GG's site, and that collectors must resort to buying from sellers like him, so he hikes the price up. £59.99 for a bust like Greedo? :thud :rolleyes Get real! My advice: use ebay for GG if in the UK.

Yeh, I know *some* prices are steep.

But:-

C3PO,Han,IG88,Leia B,Sandtrooper Variants Bust - £35
*Greedo*, Dooku, Gamm, GMT,Luke X Bust - £39

Chewy & Vader £139

These are good UK prices.

Mini Bust Wish List

Here are the busts I'd like to see done:

Ep I: Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, Trade Federation Droid
Ep IV: Obi-Wan, Tusken Raider, Tatooine Luke, Senator Leia
Ep V: Lando, Wampa (with removable arm :lol )
Ep VI: Palpatine, Bib Fortuna, Ackbar, Slave Leia, Jabba*

I guess I don't need a Maul bust if a statue is coming. It'd be cool if GG got into large busts like SS's Treebeard and Cave Troll.

* A Jabba bust would be nice - unless they want to do a statue with slave Leia since the Attakus statue is too expensive.

re

Nice ideas, Richard, and most likely many will be released.

You missed out Ep2, in particular:
Dexter Jettster
Lama Su and Taun We
Poggle the Lesser
Geonosian warrior
Superbattledroid
Young Boba :D
C-3PO
Watto
The Separatist leaders, Shu Mai, Wat Tambor...but I guess since they get....in Ep3, we may see them make a later assortment. ;)

Ep1: Gungan warrior (they were cool, and rarely spoke)
Battle droids (all ranks)
Boss Nass? Hmm
Amidala (Theed)
Nute, Rune and Daultay

They made a deluxe stormie with removeable limbs, so a Wampa would not be an impossible feat to achieve. :D

For Ep5 I would like them to follow the bust-ups by releasing the remaining bounty hunters.

I think it's possible that large beasts may remain 'whole', and be incorporated into a diorama. For Jabba, I suspect if they made him he would remain as a statue with Oola or Leia as his slave, along with Salacious crumb, although there are rumours a Salacious Crumb bust may be forthcoming at some point.

The possibilities are endless. :google :rock

etc, etc, etc

re

Now GG needs to make some arms for the Ep II busts so they have the same look and feel as the rest of the collection. :lol

They should do a Cantina Band member with multiple arms and instruments so you could put the whole band together.

Now GG needs to make some arms for the Ep II busts so they have the same look and feel as the rest of the collection.
Funny you would mention that. I just got the Zam Wessel bust from EBay. It's the first EP2 bust that I got and when it arrived yesterday, I was disappointed. At first I couldn't understand why, but then I realized.......no arms. :dunno

re

It's the first EP2 bust that I got and when it arrived yesterday, I was disappointed.

I am expecting her to arrive from Mike very soon, but I am in total agreement with you guys over the absence of arms with accessories. Zam and that rifle or blaster of hers would've been a nice touch. Jango was very disappointing given the lengths they went to deck out Boba with a look that's nothing short of cool!! I find it perplexing. I guess 'true' busts of any kind do not have limbs...but part of what makes these GG busts so exciting is the inclusion of detailed weapons.:dunno As for the other early (limbless) ones, I have no intention of getting them at this time; I just don't like the look of them. :D

I like the idea of having Barquin Da'an et al and his instruments. :rock

I think it's likely that those same characters, the limbless crew, will have another incarnation for the Ep3 range. Mind you, they got the Anakin bust spot on! ;) :p

I have no intention of getting them at this time; I just don't like the look of them.
I agree, the only one EP2 that sparked my interest was Zam, and don't get me wrong, I was a bit disappointed but it is still a nicely done bust. It seems like it's just missing something (besides the arms). It doesn' have that appeal that my other GG busts have.

I went ahead and bought a few Ep II busts on eBay. The completist in me strikes again. :bonk

re

One could say, achteel, we were shortchanged. :D Dooku is the only other one from the Ep2 line-up of 'human' characters that I will be getting. They could have been quite spectacular, the Jedi I mean, had their lightsabers been included. Oh well, mustn't grumble, the rest have made up for those; call it teething problems. :lol

I agree, the lack of arms of the Ep.2 characters is disappointing, but those were the earlier busts done by GG, they only discovered arms were hot with Yoda and Vader and never did a new one without them.
I'd like to see new versions of Anakin, Padme, Mace ,etc, but if it's not possible I'm sure we will be seeing them again in statue format.

The only ep. 2 bust I think is nice is Count Dooku, very good likeness and the cape is covering the arms, so it looks like he have them.

Back