Getting A Late Start (and paying for it)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TX_Boy_210

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first time posting to Sideshow Freaks I find this forum very informative and supportive and was wondering if yall could help me out. I have gotten back into the 1/4 scale of Sideshow and unfortunately it is proving to be very expensive,but I have made my decision and stuck with it to keep collecting certain pieces in 1/4 scale strictly the diorama trio Spidey set. I prefer 1/6 scale which I have a few Hot Toys simply because it is cheaper and I don't have as much room as before. My question to this fine community is this I have recently stepped back into my local comic store and was browsing when low and behold I see some Comiquette collectibles of Carnage and Venom :panic:. I already have Carnage and have been wanting to get the trio since I found out they existed. I know Venom is rare since he is not listed on Evilbay I immediately asked how much they wanted for Venom and put down the necessary cash to set him aside for my collection and make payments on him for a whopping $950:thud:. I later found out that they have a Green Goblin PF as well and they told me that they are only asking around $200 for this piece :hi5:. Do any of you think that it is worth it!?
Does anyone have it and if so could you post any pics with them in close proximity to one another. I have seen a couple and the Spidey Comiquette and Green Goblin do look good together. If I can snag all three then the only one I would be missing is the one and only who is defiantly going for top dollar now. But No turning back now. :slap Your opinions would be greatly appreciated on anything dealing with this matter.

Don't pay 950 for venom you can get him cheaper here on the forums and on eBay, the going rate is about 700-800.

Just a small suggestion if you do any purchases over the forums use PayPal. Never pay as gift, ask lots of questions and request lots of pictures.

I really appreciate the advice. Any idea how much a Green Goblin PF goes for now days? I would like to get all 4 that would really make my day and where exactly do I ask to see who has one?

I really appreciate the advice. Any idea how much a Green Goblin PF goes for now days? I would like to get all 4 that would really make my day and where exactly do I ask to see who has one?

GG PF goes between $400-$500. Some have gone even higher than that. $200 for a GG PF is a steal.

Do you have any shops near you (or in SA) that sells SSC? If not, come on down to Austin. There's a shop right here where you might find stuff you've been looking for.

GG PF goes between $400-$500. Some have gone even higher than that. $200 for a GG PF is a steal.

Thank you. I believe alot of my local comic shops in town go off of ebay prices. Maybe that is why they priced it so low just because that is what a typical statue runs at retail because I cannot find one listing on eBay for this item. I had purchased my Grail Kravens Last Hunt Diorama for around $200 my first piece ever. Did alot of research one I got it just to find out it was worth around $1000-1500 and I have been hooked on statues since. :yess:

I will definitely have that piece in my scope then. I'm going to put in some OT so I can put money aside for that one. Thanx

Do you have any shops near you (or in SA) that sells SSC? If not, come on down to Austin. There's a shop right here where you might find stuff you've been looking for.

I would be willing to go to Austin I lived there for a while before I moved here back home do u by chance have the name of the store I could look it up online hopefully it's towards S. Austin. I actually thought about calling and looking up local shops since Spider-Man would be the main one I'm liking for to complete my masterpiece. I would be stoked if someone locally had him. I would definitely have to do payments because of how much he's gone up in price.

He also ships! So you may not have to leave at all. He's pretty good about that, I have to admit.

Well it seems I was wrong about my local shop having a Green Goblin PF. But the do have a Chromed Silver Surfer for about $500 which I did find out that it is a Bowen piece and its odd that it is signed on the bottom and aside from the statue number itself there is another hand written number that says 17/20 in writing. Does anyone know more about this piece and is it worth the asking price. It does look rather nice I like the action pose and the chrome app looks bad***.

That Silver Surfer looks pretty sweet! :rock:rock:rock

I had called the store just now to see if they still had it and they do they said the asking price is $500 and it has Randy Bowens signature on it. Seems like a ok deal with the fact the statue came out in like '09! Im am very tempted I must say Silver Surfer IS one character I have yet to add to my collection and that is the only pose of him that I actually prefer. :slap

The chromed Silver Surfer is pretty awesome. If you're ever around Houston you should check out Bedrock City comics. They have a nice selection of Sideshow statues. I also help out at another comic shop in Houston and I know the last time we had the Spidey comiquette it was at 850. The venom and carnage hovered around that same price point as well.

Well it seems I was wrong about my local shop having a Green Goblin PF. But the do have a Chromed Silver Surfer for about $500 which I did find out that it is a Bowen piece and its odd that it is signed on the bottom and aside from the statue number itself there is another hand written number that says 17/20 in writing. Does anyone know more about this piece and is it worth the asking price. It does look rather nice I like the action pose and the chrome app looks bad***.

I actually prefer Sideshow's Surfer . . . don't know why it gets so little respect . . .

Photo by risingstar on SF
sil25.jpg

svm8te.jpg

938882214_TKyzv-X2.jpg

Last edited:
I actually prefer Sideshow's Surfer . . . don't know why it gets so little respect . . .

Photo by risingstar on SF
sil25.jpg

svm8te.jpg

938882214_TKyzv-X2.jpg

That is a very nice and distinguished piece. However I think I still prefer Bowen's only because it has more of an action pose to it. Most of the pieces in my collection have similar poses as well.

The chromed Silver Surfer is pretty awesome. If you're ever around Houston you should check out Bedrock City comics. They have a nice selection of Sideshow statues. I also help out at another comic shop in Houston and I know the last time we had the Spidey comiquette it was at 850. The venom and carnage hovered around that same price point as well.

I really want Carnage but not ready to pay the price.

They do? I'm going to have to check it out.
I'm in Cypress so I usually visit the 8th Dimension comic store that's on Highway 6 and West Rd but they have almost no statues...

Back