Gentle Giant's Vintage 12" Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a hard time ordering this- you have to click a little box next to the jawa (Its on the bottom half of the page and has all of the exclusives on it-pictured) that is the only way you can get it.

I hope I explained this clearly

Good luck and may the force be wit yall.

I ordered the vinyl cape Jawa. The cloth cape, version will be cool, but I can't pass up the nostalgic zeal of the vinyl cape version.

Luke & Tusken are already in hand for those of us who ordered from BBTS.

Alas, my Luke - which I ordered from BBTS as "Collector Grade" - has a weird ink smudge / tear on the front of the card. BBTS says they sold out and can't replace it, and Gentle Giant says they don't have any replacement cards. Grr.

And I must admit, although I like the concept of these figures, I don't think their execution has been all that awesome. The plastic has this grainy "matte" finish which feels weird and is easily scratched. And the Tusken Raider can't hold his stick in both hands like the original, because the hands aren't straight. One is slightly turned.

It's like someone in development got 75% through with these things and then said "meh, good enough. Put 'em into production."

- MJ

I think the Ben and Jawa (cloth cape) have started shipping. Very curious to see how the cloth cape turned out.

I have a couple Hans I'm trying to get rid of. :wave

i'll bet.............:monkey3

i would have totally gotten into this line if the original price point would have been at the $40-45 range. i haven't been keeping up with these but are they selling well for GG?

In general, some characters sell better than others, but I think the line is doing well for them. The scale is off on a few of these, so that's turned some people off. I wasn't that pleased with how Han and Chewie turned out, so I sold what I had and just need to move my big and small head Hans.

In general, some characters sell better than others, but I think the line is doing well for them. The scale is off on a few of these, so that's turned some people off. I wasn't that pleased with how Han and Chewie turned out, so I sold what I had and just need to move my big and small head Hans.

i would have loved to gotten about 6 stormtroopers & a death squad commander for a certain vehicle............:wink1:

last time i checked the stormies were fetching some bucks so that kind of killed that idea.

i would have loved to gotten about 6 stormtroopers & a death squad commander for a certain vehicle............:wink1:

last time i checked the stormies were fetching some bucks so that kind of killed that idea.

That would :rock

Stormtrooper is being released on a SW card, so you can still make it happen.

yea i seriously was contemplating it a while back, then i talked myself out of it.............now i'm thinking about it again..............:gah:

damn these are heavy life issues waller........:panic:

Back