Gentle Giant's Vintage 12" Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This line isn't my cup of tea but have to admit the Wampa is pretty cool. Nice to see them do something of that scale.

I'm still waiting for the AT-AT Driver and TIE Fighter Pilot. Hope they make them, especially the AT-AT Driver.

I'm still waiting for the AT-AT Driver and TIE Fighter Pilot. Hope they make them, especially the AT-AT Driver.

They have already confirmed the AT-AT driver is coming....nothing about Tie pilot yet.

I am just toying with the idea of getting the power droid...anyone have him yet...pics?

I was sticking only to the Bounty Hunters....but...then I saw the Jawas...and Hammerhead...and I know I would go for the Royal Guard...without question!

You could buy mint carded and boxed examples of the actual toys and still have change left over for that price.

$250 wasn't Max and that was pushing it, I don't need the extra figure, would love to get this but think I will put my foot down and pass, hopefully others will also and the price will drop

:thud:

$399.00 for such a simple sculpt and when HT and SSC are releasing Iron Monger, RoboCop and Raynor figures for ~around~ that price? :monkey4 While it's a fun design, it's the kind of figure you could see going at a garage sale after the owner kicks the bucket for $10 or $20 and no-one would be the wiser. Obviously they're thinking collectors are all suckers to release it at that price point.

:thud:

$399.00 for such a simple sculpt and when HT and SSC are releasing Iron Monger, RoboCop and Raynor figures for ~around~ that price? :monkey4 While it's a fun design, it's the kind of figure you could see going at a garage sale after the owner kicks the bucket for $10 or $20 and no-one would be the wiser. Obviously they're thinking collectors are all suckers to release it at that price point.

:exactly:

..also considering what Neca are achieving in 1:4 scale at a much lower price point.. with figures designed from scratch.. not using pre-existing designs.

:exactly:

..also considering what Neca are achieving in 1:4 scale at a much lower price point.. with figures designed from scratch.. not using pre-existing designs.

Yeah but Neca is paying Lucas license fees. Not saying it overpriced but can't compare apples and oranges.

How about comparing the JAKKS 31" Vader figure then? It goes for $30 many places. True, we're dealing with considerably smaller production runs with the wampa, but to blame the high price on licensing makes no sense.

How about comparing the JAKKS 31" Vader figure then? It goes for $30 many places. True, we're dealing with considerably smaller production runs with the wampa, but to blame the high price on licensing makes no sense.

:goodpost:

Back