Gentle Giant Star Wars Pre-orders - Animated Leia & R2!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears that Boba Fett is 7.5 inches, Grievous is listed as 10 inches, and Anakin is 9 inches. So I'm guessing the 1/6 is wrong...?

The size does seem sort of small, but I broke down and preordered her along with the Rancor. She is my first animated maquette so she is sort of a gamble.

I'd assume they're in the same scale as the Clone Wars ones, those were no where near 1/6, right?

Darklord Dave said:
I'm not buying for investment, I'm sure the pre-orders on this will be astronomical and so will the edition size.

However what's with that spec - 6 inches tall, yet still 1/6 scale? One of those is wrong, Carrie's short, but she ain't Yoda.

Hey Dave, these aren't 1/6 scale...more like 1/9 or 1/10...

I been collecting these since they started coming out. Padme is a nice piece.

Their scale is a bit smaller than 1/6 but with the base they actually look pretty good sized and they display well since they are to scale with each other.

I don't do SW PF (I'll get Fett if released) but I collect these maquettes religiously. I still remember when over at the force.net (I started the original thread over there) and rebelscum.com some people made fun of these as being silly and stupid. :lol

I was on the fence when I first saw these from Toy Fair. But the more I saw them, the more I liked them. I'll most likely get all of these unless they do one that I think is horrific.

maber said:
Yes, and he ship internationaly with USPS for a very good price. It's cheaper for my preorder with him, that buy from a local retailer here in Spain :google
I'm with the godfather!

Saludos!!
How about the taxes? Is it still cheaper after adding the taxes?

JohnyBoo said:
The size does seem sort of small, but I broke down and preordered her along with the Rancor. She is my first animated maquette so she is sort of a gamble.

They are rather small, but having the whole collection lined up is still very impressive. The original (clone wars) set is really nice, but GG seems to have upped the detail on these new ones. I don't collect these anymore since I now focus on the PF line; but I'll definitely pick up Leia to display with the 1/4 Leia and the MR blaster. I'll also pick up that Vader one too to display with my 1/4 Vader.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
How about the taxes? Is it still cheaper after adding the taxes?

This statue is cheaper than the minimun taxes level here in Spain, so I don't have to pay taxes!! Great!!! :chew

maber said:
This statue is cheaper than the minimun taxes level here in Spain, so I don't have to pay taxes!! Great!!! :chew

Same here for Turkey :chew

The limit of the statue however, is 8500 pieces :rotfl :rotfl (did somebody say, limited edition?)

Therefore it probably will be much more cheaper in ebay.

Why GG is exaggerating the edition sizes??

In the long run, they will loose eventually

SolidLiquidFox said:
8500 edition size should keep this very available

:lol at people expecting to cash in on this like Padme

I'm glad. I don't care about future value of these. I collect what I like and don't ever plan on selling any of it. I'm not looking forward to the idea of finishing out the Clone Wars Maquettes. Padme and Obi aren't going to come cheaply.

People may focus on the OT characters because of the high price for Padme makes her unreachable for some.

I took a similar attitude with the ACME character keys. I won't pay $100-150 for a Grievous or Yoda $25 key. I'll do with the ones I have. I could buy a Clone Wars giclee for that. The only one I really wanted is the Padme to go along with the rare maquette. The others are cool to own but not loosing any sleep over not having the set.

SolidLiquidFox said:
People may focus on the OT characters because of the high price for Padme makes her unreachable for some.

I took a similar attitude with the ACME character keys. I won't pay $100-150 for a Grievous or Yoda $25 key. I'll do with the ones I have. I could buy a Clone Wars giclee for that. The only one I really wanted is the Padme to go along with the rare maquette. The others are cool to own but not loosing any sleep over not having the set.

i couldnt agree more. after getting the arc trooper key i was on a rage to get some others and after almost bidding $175 on a yoda key i said thats almost a PF figure. so im just gonna do with what i have. i really want the sidious key and would love if someone attending the Con would pick me one up, but i might have to put an axe in that idea.

I've decided that I don't really want or need the keys. They are way too much money for something so small. They look cool but not that cool.

Darth Loki said:
I've decided that I don't really want or need the keys. They are way too much money for something so small. They look cool but not that cool.

since you dont want them, ill be happy to take any of them off your hands :monkey3 you are right though-- if i cant get them for less than $40 or so im not gonna stress out about buying them.

hairlesswookiee said:
since you dont want them, ill be happy to take any of them off your hands :monkey3 you are right though-- if i cant get them for less than $40 or so im not gonna stress out about buying them.

I unfortunately don't have any of them or else I might be singing a different toon. I just have no desire to spend $600 on a few 6x8 cells.

Back