Statue Gentle Giant Savage Oppress Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maul was never meant to have a personality really, or be talkative..etc.

He was just a weapon. No regret, no love, no emotion. An empty vessel that had been filled with Sith rage.

There are books and comics about Maul, though.

I'm aware of that. Doesn't stop him from being a stale, one-dimensional character though. I mean really....dark shadowy, silent bad guys are so cliche. And cliche characters is what SW has always been good at. I like Maul too but I'm not going to sit here and say he was a great villain aside from how he looked and his famous fight scene. He's the standard "insert here" quiet villain who broods in the background and is only for eye candy. For as much as the OT fans bash Savage for being a flat rehash, they seem to forget what SW (villains especially) typically is made up of. Hell, even the story and plot from the OT is completely rehashed.

Savage isn't a Shakespearian calibur character, either. But he does have an interesting inner struggle within him. He can kind of go in any direction, whether he's going to remain an enemy to everybody and be Talzin's tool or he's going to eventually turn on her as well if he comes to understand. Either way, we all kind of know he's doomed to die before the series ends and judging how powerful he has gotten so quickly, he's a threat to everyone and he probably won't live for much longer. I do think he will leave his mark on the show by killing a big name character before he goes out. I mean for all the hype he had this past season, his own theatrical release, I don't expect him to just be wiped off like any other background character is. I suspect he'll die in some sort of heroic fashion, even if it's solely personal and he finds the honor within himself once again. But we would never be able to have this discussion with Maul and many other SW character that are so popular despite being cardboard thin. I just fail to see where the line gets drawn.

Last edited:
Back