Statue Gentle Giant Legolas Greenleaf Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Gentle Giant announced their next bust and first for DOS. Bust is pretty cool as a whole but the likeness is a bit rough. He's $75 and doesn't ship until the end of the year.

Hmm, I just feel that when you make a bust, it is because you want to direct ones attention to the face. If the face isn't accurate, it's quite a loss for the piece, in my opinion.

You do need a pretty good likeness and this one is struggling for that right now. The rest of it looks cool but the face on Legolas needs sole tweaking.

Yes it is interesting we get a close-up of the Orc head, but not Legolas... here's to hoping they are tweaking.. other than that it's a nicely done piece.

Sideshow and GG have struggled with the portrait of Legolas. It has been seen through multiple products as well as materials. It is not unlikely that this may be as good as it gets considering we are not looking at a 3D rendering.

The SS PF, SS statue, and the SSW Legolas/Gimli piece are all solid in the likeness department but comparing this to those it is a total miss as of right now.

This bust does nothing for me. Aside from the sculpt, it doesn't really capture the moment from DOS. In the movie Legolas appeared to be surprised and a bit shocked at his father be-heading the orc. Here it looks more like Legolas just carved himself a trophy (especially since he has a blade in his right hand) and is holding the head up for display.

I'm not sure what to think about GG's sculpts lately, there seem to be a lot more misses than hits. Azog looks good but the human characters are lacking. It sucks that they aren't nailing the human sculpts like they used to. Gentle Giant's Saruman bust is one of my favorite pieces. It still has the best likeness to Christopher Lee IMO and the pose is well executed as well.

I was hoping GG would make a Tauriel bust, (so I don't have to drop $$$ on the Weta statue for the Wife :lol) but I'm not too confident in them at the moment. I'll be interested to see what the final production of Legolas looks like.

I expect they will do a Tauriel but I would get the Weta statue over it because that will be hard to beat. I am hoping Weta will do a Legolas statue wearing this armor because its pretty awesome looking. That's what I love about this piece because the likeness is leaving a lot to be desired.

Ordered for $65. It would look good next to Thranduil looking down at him with his sword IHMO.

This bust does nothing for me. Aside from the sculpt, it doesn't really capture the moment from DOS. In the movie Legolas appeared to be surprised and a bit shocked at his father be-heading the orc. Here it looks more like Legolas just carved himself a trophy (especially since he has a blade in his right hand) and is holding the head up for display.

I'm not sure what to think about GG's sculpts lately, there seem to be a lot more misses than hits. Azog looks good but the human characters are lacking. It sucks that they aren't nailing the human sculpts like they used to. Gentle Giant's Saruman bust is one of my favorite pieces. It still has the best likeness to Christopher Lee IMO and the pose is well executed as well.

I was hoping GG would make a Tauriel bust, (so I don't have to drop $$$ on the Weta statue for the Wife :lol) but I'm not too confident in them at the moment. I'll be interested to see what the final production of Legolas looks like.

Get Weta's Tauriel mate, she is superb.

Get Weta's Tauriel mate, she is superb.

I know it's a great statue, but I've got Azog coming and 2 more payments on Sauron. All these huge pieces over the last year aren't doing my wallet any favors and I'm running out of space.:lol I just want a decent little (under a hundred bucks) Tauriel piece to make the wife happy.

I agree, Gentle Giant seem to have gone off the boil a bit lately with their recent busts - there seems to be something 'off' with nearly all of them likeness wise, which is putting me off buying them. Shame because they used to be so good - their Harry Potter busts and some of their Lord of the Rings busts were excellent.

Is it just me thinking that legolas looks much different in the hobbit vs LOTR?

I know the actor is older but the blue eyes are too bright and his attitude for arrogance is over the normal. Doesn't seem to be the same elf at all.

Is it just me thinking that legolas looks much different in the hobbit vs LOTR?

I know the actor is older but the blue eyes are too bright and his attitude for arrogance is over the normal. Doesn't seem to be the same elf at all.

Other than the physical traits, to me he seems like the same guy that we first met at the Council of Elrond in Fellowship. He's more like his father in the Hobbit before he starts mellowing out after spending some time with the Fellowship.

Other than the physical traits, to me he seems like the same guy that we first met at the Council of Elrond in Fellowship. He's more like his father in the Hobbit before he starts mellowing out after spending some time with the Fellowship.

That's how I look at it.

Not great, not bad but not great.
Maybe it's the look on bis face that's killing it for me.
Still like the Azog bust though, I was gonna cancell that at one point but I'll keep it as I had to axe Wetas warg so hopefully it looks like the proto.

Back