Statue Gentle Giant: "Honey Trap" line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked it up and the edition size for the variant is one hundred pieces. See that's what people are paying for. Think about how often every Sideshow thread gets derailed to people complaining about edition sizes and how things shouldn't be expensive unless they have a low edition size. Well here you go folks exactly what you wanted :lol

Yea, frankly if you want to go by edition size the price probably should have been higher! Around $400 for an Ivy Exclusive from SS with a 1,500 ES (just an extra flower), where a 100 ES with entirely different paint job is only a few hundred more, and probably very little QC issues.

The complaining here is extremely amusing. This happens every-time a company decides to release a more premium priced product. Part of the problem is the growing attitude in the world that everything should be fair and affordable to everyone. Whether or not the price point is deserving of the quality of the product remains to be seen until people actually have the product. All you guys are doing right now though is giving GG free publicity, the only bad press is no press. Nobody's forcing you to buy one of these, and I'm pretty sure GG was well aware the ruckus this would cause, they were probably hoping for it. It would hurt them more if no one talked about it.

sorry bro, i don't really see why you think this is all so amusing? so let me get this straight? you think its funny when a company tries to take advantage of it's consumers? then your sense of humor is funny to me. no one here i don't believe ever once said or stated that we felt anything especially stuff in this hobby should be affordable for everyone. if you're in any part of this hobby you get that point once you started. what we don't appreciate is someone charging something that is obviously over inflated. i don't care what it is, anytime you get the sense you're getting ripped off on any product you should be able to voice your displeasure. this is them obviously trying to fleece the crap out of you. so if someone fleeces you i'm assuming you find that hilarious as well?

sorry bro, i don't really see why you think this is all so amusing? so let me get this straight? you think its funny when a company tries to take advantage of it's consumers? then your sense of humor is funny to me. no one here i don't believe ever once said or stated that we felt anything especially stuff in this hobby should be affordable for everyone. if you're in any part of this hobby you get that point once you started. what we don't appreciate is someone charging something that is obviously over inflated. i don't care what it is, anytime you get the sense you're getting ripped off on any product you should be able to voice your displeasure. this is them obviously trying to fleece the crap out of you. so if someone fleeces you i'm assuming you find that hilarious as well?

That guy is probably the same one basically saying the same thing in the Facebook group

You're not being forced to buy it, they're not raising the prices of something you're currently buying. I fail to see how you personally are getting "ripped off" when it's not something you are being forced to buy or have been buying in the past. It's not like if I started selling you water at $1 a bottle and then decided since I know you need it and are going to buy it I'm going to start charging you $5 a bottle. That would be ripping you off.

This is funny because people are taking the pricing of something completely new, that's a total luxury and taking it completely personal. You have the right to complain, I'm just saying you're complaining is not going to change anything or send a message they knew what they were doing and they probably planned for this reaction so in the end you're just promoting the product.

You're not being forced to buy it, they're not raising the prices of something you're currently buying. I fail to see how you personally are getting "ripped off" when it's not something you are being forced to buy or have been buying in the past. It's not like if I started selling you water at $1 a bottle and then decided since I know you need it and are going to buy it I'm going to start charging you $5 a bottle. That would be ripping you off.

This is funny because people are taking the pricing of something completely new, that's a total luxury and taking it completely personal. You have the right to complain, I'm just saying you're complaining is not going to change anything or send a message they knew what they were doing and they probably planned for this reaction so in the end you're just promoting the product.

i never said they were forcing you to buy anything, that wasn't my point. it's a rip off cause they're charging us for something, that is essentially double and triple the price of a very very similar product they just sold to us not even past a year since. alot of us play video games right? they're usually what, $60? no ones forces you to buy video games but alot of us do just like these statues. say a company starts selling a very similar comparable game just like these statues but at double and triple the price point of what they just sold you not longer then half a year ago and say they ask for like 120 or 180 instead of 60. same concept. they have a right to do that and nobody is gonna force you to pay that right? but is that still them trying to fleece the crap out of the consumer?! hell yeah man! obviously the decision is up to each individual person no doubt. some people may like to get taken and not care, and while some of us would rather not let certain companies treat us like ignorant consumers and protest with our voice and hopefully with our money.

i never said they were forcing you to buy anything, that wasn't my point. it's a rip off cause they're charging us for something, that is essentially double and triple the price of a very very similar product they just sold to us not even past a year since. alot of us play video games right? they're usually what, $60? no ones forces you to buy video games but alot of us do just like these statues. say a company starts selling a very similar comparable game just like these statues but at double and triple the price point of what they just sold you not longer then half a year ago and say they ask for like 120 or 180 instead of 60. same concept. they have a right to do that and nobody is gonna force you to pay that right? but is that still them trying to fleece the crap out of the consumer?! hell yeah man!

You're making an assumption on the quality of the piece, something you can't do when it's not even been released yet. Also the ES comes into play which on the Exclusive was very low for a potentially high quality piece, and I've read GG has a significantly lower QC issues compared to SS. I think the Sucker Punch girls are clouding peoples judgments about these. Until one is actually released assuming they're going to be the same quality and not better all this argument is an assumption and that's not taking into consideration ES. I completely understand how some collectors such as yourself may look at this. Collecting statues isn't my primary hobby, I only have a couple and don't plan to amass that many. But I've collected enough in other areas to know this is not ridiculous, and that it's a little too early to start passing judgement on something that no one has.

We should know here soon when people get the Exclusive if they come out and are lower or just on par with the Sucker Punch girls everyone keeps comparing them to, and if the regular ES is similar to SPG and so is the quality then I will agree they're ripping off people. But until that point I think it's a little premature to start burning the wagon.

SP Samurai was ES 150 at $450 and sold out.

I think Whisper looks infinitely more complicated with highly detailed paint and materials. It may turn out to be priced out of range and GG could take a huge loss on it, but I don't see GG taking advantage or trying to rip anyone off.

If she's worth $669 to you and you buy her, then you aren't being ripped off.

If she isn't worth $699 to you and you still buy her, then you've just ripped yourself off and you're an idiot.

Hopefully people get Whisper in hand before the others go up for preorder. How she turns out will determine the true value of this line in my opinion. If quality control and paint apps and details are absolutely top notch, then perhaps this price will be viable.

Just look at Sideshow's recent Kaiji statue. It's seventeen inches tall yet almost four hundred dollars. At the same time it has one of the best bases they've done and is one of the most intricately detailed statues I've seen them do.

Prices are not that black and white. It's really hard to say which statues are worth it in comparison to others. Black Widow really should probably be cheaper than the Kaiji. Yeah she's bigger, but look at the sculpt on the Kaiju. Maybe the Kaiju's price isn't the issue. Perhaps Black Widow's price is.

I'm thinking that it's not much about the sculpting work, bur rather about the edition size. If they're producing really few of these, it makes sense that they are going to be quite expensive upon release.

Back