Statue Gentle Giant: "Honey Trap" line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this line will done with low es and the girls previewed, Im pretty sure, if they set a low ES then they can set watever price they want and people will gobble it up, because its become " a piece of art with low ES" and once its gets sold out, they will show up on the day of coming in stock on ebay for 1000$ from these so called artlovers :D

it depends on if this pricetag moves any product

depends on T and A , and low ES, my friend :D..im sure these will sell out by the time its out

For any given product you can graph sales based on quantity sold vs cost.

If they're happy selling out of edition sizes of 400, on a $650 statue as opposed to 800 at $325 or 1600 at $162, god bless them.

I guarantee you they will have leftovers from SDCC of the Variant. They offered a limited amount of Whisper variant for preorder. Time will tell

I bet they will. If people want to collect a super premium, super limited statue, then GG can move them. And the preorders on the variant sold out in like 12 hours. I don't have a problem with the price, even if it is out of my budget. If they can get it, then good. Why should they be obligated to leave all their profit on ebay?

all i gotta say is GG can effing get outta here! i salute them with the good ol' universal sign that everyone can understand "my middle finger"! sure they can sell it at any price point they want. sure it might sell..unfortunately. but if that company is trying to endear itself to its customer base i don't think that's the way. if anything, i think they just turned me off completely from buying from them again. and this is from a guy who bought their entire SP line.

When this line was first revealed, I termed it 'Money Trap.' Turns out I was so right! :lol

Last edited:
All this hate and once people see the variant at SDCC some will still order it.

uh....yeah i dont think so bro. you really think seeing this in person is really gonna change someones mind from deciding not to pay that asinine price point? yeah i really doubt that.

Not a chance, and I will absolutely remember this any time in the future that I consider a GG purchase.

The complaining here is extremely amusing. This happens every-time a company decides to release a more premium priced product. Part of the problem is the growing attitude in the world that everything should be fair and affordable to everyone. Whether or not the price point is deserving of the quality of the product remains to be seen until people actually have the product. All you guys are doing right now though is giving GG free publicity, the only bad press is no press. Nobody's forcing you to buy one of these, and I'm pretty sure GG was well aware the ruckus this would cause, they were probably hoping for it. It would hurt them more if no one talked about it.

Not a chance, and I will absolutely remember this any time in the future that I consider a GG purchase.

If people stuck by their guns the last time everyone was saying that during the raffles and fiascos then GG would not be around today.

I never said this hobby made sense. People will gravitate to certain pieces regardless of who makes them.

I think that there is no reason why there needs to be standard prices for these statues. You should really be paying for the quality. So yeah we can moan about the really high price on these statues, but let's be honest here the guys comparing it to Sideshow are laughworthy. What are you comparing it to? Spending almost $400 and getting something with running paint, chipping paint, defects, crooked eyes, etc...? With Sideshow you're paying for relaxed quality control on good prototype sculpts. I have never been too impressed with GG paint apps and such, but I don't know much about them.

So if this piece comes in with excellent quality control and really good paint applications (it's a very detailed sculpt) then that's what you're paying for. You're paying for a low edition highly detailed 1/4 with really good quality control and paint apps. With Sideshow you're paying for an excellent prototype with high chance of quality control issues right now and considering how often people need to return their statues now I'm thinking a lot of collectors rather pay two hundred more and actually get a statue than pay nothing at all and get no statue.

That being said I still do not understand why this is so expensive given the licensing. I know it's expensive to make these statues in general and they have to pay the lead artists, but without needing an out of house licensing fee these statues should be cheaper. If it turns out super high quality I could understand $500, but this price right now seems absurd ESPECIALLY if they expect people to go for the whole line.

Given their success with the Sucker Punch line though I can see this line being just as successful if not more. Some of the Sucker Punch figures rose in price quite a lot and so people are already used to paying higher prices for the GG stuff I guess.

I was interested in picking up maybe one or two statues in this line. I liked the Asian girl with the dog she looked really nice, but I can't go for her with prices like this. At best I'll wait for the aftermarket and try to buy her without the dog since I don't care about the dog at all :lol

I'm amazed at the logic behind those who threaten to never buy from GG again because of the price of an entirely new unrelated line. They're not raising their prices of current lines. So I fail to see how not buying that Star Wars bust is going to send them a message that their price on the Honey Trap line is too high.

That's like me saying I'm not going to buy another Mustang from Ford because they're releasing a new line of sports cars at a price I think is too high, when the price of the Mustang is still the same. This is what I mean about the growing attitude of entitlement.

I looked it up and the edition size for the variant is one hundred pieces. See that's what people are paying for. Think about how often every Sideshow thread gets derailed to people complaining about edition sizes and how things shouldn't be expensive unless they have a low edition size. Well here you go folks exactly what you wanted :lol

Back