Statue Gentle Giant: "Honey Trap" line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're new to Gentle Giant aren't you?

Yes, I don't buy many statues, vintage posters are my thing. This would have gone nice with a few scuba themed ones I had.

I also figured they were selling all 100 online, kinda ticked that it turns out they're holding an undisclosed amount for Comic Com. So technically they have enough to fulfill my order. Maybe I'm missing it but I see no where on their order page that not all the 100 are for sale online, they ought to say how many they're selling online because it makes it appear they're selling all 100. To echo a previous post, why is my money (as now a member) worth less than someone whose probably not a member at Comic Con? :gah:

Yes, I don't buy many statues, vintage posters are my thing. This would have gone nice with a few scuba themed ones I had.

I also figured they were selling all 100 online, kinda ticked that it turns out they're holding an undisclosed amount for Comic Com. So technically they have enough to fulfill my order. Maybe I'm missing it but I see no where on their order page that not all the 100 are for sale online, they ought to say how many they're selling online because it makes it appear they're selling all 100. To echo a previous post, why is my money (as now a member) worth less than someone whose probably not a member at Comic Con? :gah:

Try calling GG's Customer Service and explain your situation. A member over at SF was in the same boat as you and called them and they placed an order for him. You followed the rules within the allotted time and it's not your fault they were too slow to activate your membership which caused you to lose out on an order.

To echo a previous post, why is my money (as now a member) worth less than someone whose probably not a member at Comic Con? :gah:

What would be the point of selling an SDCC exclusive online only with none being available at the actual event they were supposed to be exclusive to? Now that sounds like something Sideshow would do :cuckoo:

They could have made this a PG exclusive which they do throughout the year and then I could see your point. Making some available to PG members before the event is actually pretty cool and a nice benefit but they have to have something to sell at the convention.

This piece looks amazing. Its looks better then SS PF's. I got the email and was in love. But I have no interest in collecting this line.

Try calling GG's Customer Service and explain your situation. A member over at SF was in the same boat as you and called them and they placed an order for him. You followed the rules within the allotted time and it's not your fault they were too slow to activate your membership which caused you to lose out on an order.

Yea I saw his post, he lucked out. He was only a few minutes ahead of me. Not really sure why they made an exception for him. I was only able to get on the wait-list this morning. I called this afternoon just to see if they'd do the same for me and "find me one" and it was a no go. I just missed everything by minutes it seems :lol

Oh well, this would have looked stunning next to my Italian Thunderball poster, but it's not the end of the world. Maybe I'll luck out and someones will fall through the cracks. Or if I want it bad enough I'm sure I will be able to get one on eBay. I bet a lot will pop up after Comic Con if vendors do indeed did get the lot of them.

Hopefully they'll at least put the regular up for pre-order this year so I can get something I wanted out of this membership...

What's that? They take action against a select few and then let hundreds of others slip through the cracks? Their policy enforcement is complete horsecrap as far as I'm concerned.

:exactly:

Wow, that went fast. Guess GG made the right decision after all. Why should they sell a statue for >$300 that people will flip for $1k the next day. I should have pulled the trigger last night when I had the chance. Oh well.

Sad and it sucks. :thud:

for that price...I dunno

:goodpost: I don't think on the long run this will even get back more than retail, shipping, and fees. :rotfl my own 2 cents here.

This sucks... I decided why not, I don't buy many statues. Paid the $80 only to learn SOLD OUT!! Would be nice if they advertised this and not let you know after you pay the $80 to be a member! :slap This whole thing keeps getting worse and worse.

Edit: Okay now it say sold out when you're not logged in... so it literally sold out right when my account went active...

Someone on another forum said that they are withholding a certain number for sale at SDCC so maybe you can still pick one up there? :)

I didn't hear about this until I got my e-mail this morning. I immediately went to order it, added it to my cart and told then it was out of stock. It's like Mondo all over again! LOL It's way overpriced but an absolute incredible work of art- love the red!

BB

They made $66,900 off her in less than 24 hours... Wow. Big pimpin'.

Respect :thud: For a line/figure not connected to any movie, comic, game or anything else. completely unknown to everybody everywhere. GG have found the highway to easy money

What can be learned from this? Very low es, sexy female figure, ridiculous high price = sell out :slap Can't wait to see what we get next but I ain't taking the bait.

Seriously, do you guy really think $67K is a lot of money? After production costs, shipping, development, overhead, etc. they might have enough profit to pay the receptionist for several months.

That's not much considering the overhead they have to pay out

That $67,000 is just for 100 of a variant repaint. I would think their overheard will include whatever ES the regular is going to be. So $67k seems like a nice chunk of change for only a fraction of the same statue.

Seriously, do you guy really think $67K is a lot of money? After production costs, shipping, development, overhead, etc. they might have enough profit to pay the receptionist for several months.

Whoosh! :lol

That $67,000 is just for 100 of a variant repaint. I would think their overheard will include whatever ES the regular is going to be. So $67k seems like a nice chunk of change for only a fraction of the same statue.

This guy got it. :goodpost:

This was just gravy from something they already had in production, kind of like SSC pumping out Clones.

Whoosh! :lol

This guy got it. :goodpost:

This was just gravy from something they already had in production, kind of like SSC pumping out Clones.

Yes this extra ex run is just extra free money. It's not part of any official run which is to make the real money. Make 5 more ex like this and it's all still free money for them. Sort of like SS with all the many repaints. Just a run like this would knock out or cut down on the salaries, returns, production costs, etc. If I was the company, I would love these repaints. They would keep money coming in to keep things going or even a nice bonus raise on my employees salaries. Hell I would even use those free funds on a new upgrading my own living style. :lol

You do realize they have to make these, so cast, assemble, paint ,box them up. Last time I checked making a product cost money. You guys are funny. :lol

I do agree almost 700 bucks is a huge premium price though. I'm interested in Lucky, but if the price is close for the regular statues - I'm out.

Back