Statue Gentle Giant: "Honey Trap" line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how many they had online compared to what they are bringing to SDCC? There may be some buzz around the Gentle Giant booth again this year, but unless these start selling on ebay for $1K in the next few weeks, I'm not sure how many people are willing to drop $670 at the convention for something like this.

My guess is the entire 100 ES sold out online. I wouldn't expect to see any at SDCC.

Yes I did. Better safe than sorry.

Congrats. A nice looking piece without a doubt and very rare to boot which is always I plus.

This sucks... I decided why not, I don't buy many statues. Paid the $80 only to learn SOLD OUT!! Would be nice if they advertised this and not let you know after you pay the $80 to be a member! :slap This whole thing keeps getting worse and worse.

This is one of the many reasons I didn't join. These kind of releases are really geared to collectors that are already members unfortunately due to how fast they sell out and the lag time that it takes for your new membership to process. Sorry you got burned.

My guess is the entire 100 ES sold out online. I wouldn't expect to see any at SDCC.

Gentle Giant has never sold their full allotment of any SDCC exclusive online prior to the convention. They always hold some back for booth sales. They may have been more conservative with this piece and sold most of them online rather than risk slow sales at the convention due to the price. It's anyone's guess whether there will be 10, 20, 50, or whatever available at the show.

Wow, that went fast. Guess GG made the right decision after all. Why should they sell a statue for >$300 that people will flip for $1k the next day. I should have pulled the trigger last night when I had the chance. Oh well.

Remember ebays policy about pre-order pieces and the timing involved.

What's that? They take action against a select few and then let hundreds of others slip through the cracks? Their policy enforcement is complete horsecrap as far as I'm concerned.

Gentle Giant has never sold their full allotment of any SDCC exclusive online prior to the convention. They always hold some back for booth sales. They may have been more conservative with this piece and sold most of them online rather than risk slow sales at the convention due to the price. It's anyone's guess whether there will be 10, 20, 50, or whatever available at the show.

Maybe so but it will be a very small number imo. Also, I think retailers will have the first crack at them anyway so chances of a regular SDCC attendee picking one of these up is slim to none.

Got my email that I could PO but the line besides being a sexy female doesn't make me want to order. The price is a bit much but the ES is obviously attractive. As far as this being "that" detailed I would highly disagree. I've got multiple The Lord of the Rings items or The Hobbit items from either Sideshow or Weta that have more detail. Not to mention even something I don't have like the new Reaper LSF is WAY more detailed than this. It's nice but it ain't all that IMO.

Agreed. Many of my Sideshow statues are very detailed and I second your comment that this statue is nice but it ain't all that.

Meh, I got the email and it was an easy pass. I have my GG babydoll, amber, and blondie...I'm good.

I have my GG Babydoll Japanese variant so I'm good as well. :D

Now let's see Fireball! :impatient:

Maybe so but it will be a very small number imo. Also, I think retailers will have the first crack at them anyway so chances of a regular SDCC attendee picking one of these up is slim to none.

:exactly:

These will be sold to retailers every day that get in the Gentle Giant line before the exhibit floor even opens. Not only that, but the line expands in front of you as a lot of people let their friends cut in front of them while you get pushed further back in line. It wasn't like this last year because nobody wanted the exclusives, but Squirrelpool and the Vinyl Jawa were nuts in 2011. This Honey Trap exclusive could have the same affect.

I don't know why GG could not have just put this up on their site as a regular SDCC preorder like Sideshow does. Having to be a Premier Guild member to order is BS imo and alienates anyone who isn't already a member but still might have wanted this statue. I am just not a fan of having to jump through unnecessary hopes just to place an order. A non member's money should spend just as well as a member's money for something like this. I wasn't planning to order this but it's the principle that has me a bit irritated.

It's one of the benefits of paying for a membership. Of course you're not happy because you're on the outside, but it's a good way to drive membership sales for Gentle Giant.

I don't know why GG could not have just put this up on their site as a regular SDCC preorder like Sideshow does. Having to be a Premier Guild member to order is BS imo and alienates anyone who isn't already a member but still might have wanted this statue. I am just not a fan of having to jump through unnecessary hopes just to place an order. A non member's money should spend just as well as a member's money for something like this. I wasn't planning to order this but it's the principle that has me a bit irritated.

Agreed. :exactly: :goodpost:

It's one of the benefits of paying for a membership. Of course you're not happy because you're on the outside, but it's a good way to drive membership sales for Gentle Giant.

Tell that to TheAnswerMVP2001 who just bought a membership and still didn't get the Whisper SDCC Ex.

Tell that to TheAnswerMVP2001 who just bought a membership and still didn't get the Whisper SDCC Ex.

Members aren't guaranteed availability for anything other than their choice of a "gift" which essentially offsets the price of the membership. If he had signed up yesterday and called GG right away then he might not be in that situation. If you join now, you at least have a shot at the next exclusive or any AP/unnumbered versions that might become available to PG members.

Members aren't guaranteed availability for anything other than their choice of a "gift" which essentially offsets the price of the membership. If he had signed up yesterday and called GG right away then he might not be in that situation. If you join now, you at least have a shot at the next exclusive or any AP/unnumbered versions that might become available to PG members.

I did sign up yesterday. It was the wait period that killed me. I emailed them this morning when it was still available and asked them to hurry up and activate my account. When they did 5 minutes later, it was sold out. In this day and age that sort of thing should be automated, I would have gotten the pre-order in last night had I not have to wait for a human to activate it.

i can't believe this piece sold out. unbelievable. i can argue anyone that the gg sp statues was just as nice as this one and is 1/4 the price. who cares about the horse doo doo es, its still a ridiculous price to charge for a statue of a "nobody" of relevance but a pretty girl in a wetsuit. its not like its someone iconic like wonder woman. lol. what a joke. it's almost like some of ya'll act like you'd be willing to give them a blank check if they asked for it the way some of ya'll act.

Back