Statue Gentle Giant: "Honey Trap" line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh the red is pretty see through... look on GG's website

While not a line I'd collect... I have to agree, this variant is just nowhere near as nice as the regular. One of the more impressive features of the regular is how the bodysuit appears see through and you get more of the tattoo... here the red looks much more solid and like she just had the tattoo printed on it.

Aqb3zzc.jpg

67qXza3.jpg

Link please?

Oh the red is pretty see through... look on GG's website

Ah, you're right... being a bit larger you can see that. Still prefer the look of the original, but at least this one still retains that see through appearance.

So who is ordering this?

I might. I think she looks beautiful and she's the only one I was really interested in collecting anyway. And I have access to a premier account with a coupon, so I'm kind of considering it. Her blond hair stands out much better against the tubing, the red suit over the black tattoo works for me. The original looks muddier to me now. I don't know. We'll see.:monkey1

looks really nice. but definite pass for that price. hopefully the regular price will come down to earth a bit. but unlike most of ya'll i do like the red suit and blonde hair look. its very catchy.

The price is $669 + $30 for domestic shipping, so $699 total. Like ink said, an additional $80 would be required to sign up for the PG membership if you don't have it. I think Gentle Giant just wanted to cut out the middle man (ie- ebay reseller) on this one which is why they priced it so high. It might be too high, but with only 100 of them it could also be going for $1K or more if this line takes off.

really it's $699 + the $80 membership if you don't have it, + shipping

I just noticed that too... man I feel violated just by the idea of buying it. They probably charge sales tax too!! Well you do get a $10 coupon to use on anything (even) pre-orders when you pay them $80 just to be able to buy it... :yess:

I'll admit for a moment I thought I might pop for it, but now it's just a matter of principal. They're paying NO licensing fees for these things and they are gouging the crap out of the price, and forcing you to pay $80 on top of that just to buy it, plus the undisclosed shipping and tax. This thing would easily be $900 by the time you get it! If I had some faith in GG regarding the future of this line and could estimate it might at least be a worthy investment if the line really takes off then maybe... but so far they've proven nothing except they'll probably run this thing into the ground.

You can always preorder and just cancel before it ships if you're not sure about it. I wonder how many they have on their website compared to the booth at SDCC.

The price is $669 + $30 for domestic shipping, so $699 total. Like ink said, an additional $80 would be required to sign up for the PG membership if you don't have it. I think Gentle Giant just wanted to cut out the middle man (ie- ebay reseller) on this one which is why they priced it so high. It might be too high, but with only 100 of them it could also be going for $1K or more if this line takes off.

that's a big if...

Yeah I wouldn't buy this as a speculative investment, just if you want it for your collection and the price is worth it to you because of the low production run.

You can always preorder and just cancel before it ships if you're not sure about it. I wonder how many they have on their website compared to the booth at SDCC.

I'm sure they'd love that, because they'd still keep your $80! Unless you're already a member. At this price point future value plays a LARGE role for me, and this piece is just too much of a gamble, especially considering how GG has handled everything about this line so poorly so far.

If you're not already a member, then it's probably not worth it. The thing is you at least get your choice of a Premier Guild exclusive item in exchange for your $80 membership fee. Plus the PG exclusives and specials they have throughout the year are more than worth the $80 in my opinion. It's always paid for itself and then some for me.

Back