Statue Gentle Giant: "Honey Trap" line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mini posters and postcards of all of that artwork at SDCC. :yess:

Loser! Desperate loser!!! :panic:

sutherland_invasion_1978.jpg

so the point is, if you want to talk about chicks repellents, they're all just as potent. dont need to look down upon this line as if it's any worse than the others.

Oh don't kid yourself, there's a definite hierarchy to these things. A Jerry Seinfeld-esque apartment with one lone Superman statue and fridge magnet is perceived a heck of a lot differently than a shelf full of bent over half naked anime chicks.

you have a cool missus. you and her like the statue, that's all that matters. screw everyone else who cant appreciate a fine piece of as-s, i mean... fine piece of art.

You got that right! :yess:

But no, we don't have an "us against the world, screw everyone else" mentality. We get that people might just be ignorant to certain characters or geek things and don't go out of our way to hit people in the face with society generated stereotypes and the relative connotations the second they set foot in our house for the most part.

Oh we have Captain America, LOTR, SW and Indy things on display and she has a shelf of Twilight memorabilia (wow we do sound like uber geeks when I type it all out :lol) but those things, while "nerdy," are a little more mainstream and accepted compared to things like Sucker Punch or these gals.

Oh we have Captain America, LOTR, SW and Indy things on display and she has a shelf of Twilight memorabilia (wow we do sound like uber geeks when I type it all out :lol) but those things, while "nerdy," are a little more mainstream and accepted compared to things like Sucker Punch or these gals.

Vampirella or Sucker Punch or some obscure Star Wars character that is only recognized by a small handfull.... The majority of the planet would call that hair-splitting on the molecular level. But whatever gets you through the night.

Collect (and display) what you like. Who gives a F whether it's "mainstream" or "accepted" or not. You don't have to explain a damned thing to anyone.

FWIW, my geeky collectible stuff is relegated only to my office and a finished recreational room in the basement. But that's only because I don't like clutter and don't feel like being surrounded by my hobbies 24/7 everywhere I go. I couldn't give a damn what anyone else thinks about my stuff.

BTW, while LOTR may be very well recognized by the mainstream, it's actually still as uber-nerdy as anything else. Don't kid yourself.

Vampirella or Sucker Punch or some obscure Star Wars character that is only recognized by a small handfull.... The majority of the planet would call that hair-splitting on the molecular level.

Dude, let go of Shaak Ti. It was a joke. Of course "Bikini Shaak" is just as obscure as Baby Doll. Sheesh. Nevertheless "oh that's just an alien chick from Star Wars" would definitely sound different than "oh she's from Sucker Punch" or "oh she's from, uh, nothing. Just a kinky statue I like."

Hold off, sir. They're not in my fapping pile yet. :pfft:

So you know the girls that modeled for these huh? Did they actually wear those outfits for the shoot? I wonder if the racing getup comes in my wife's size. :drool

Last edited:
So you know the girls that modeled for these huh? Did they actually wear those outfits for the shoot? I wonder if the racing getup comes in my wife's size. :drool

Actually, I don't believe they did. The girl who posed for Kat-Ya was actually costumed as Amber from Sucker Punch for the reference shoot. :lol

They are working with Gentle Giant to develop costumes based on the finished Honey-Trap statues, though.

So a little more info today from GG customer relations...

Pricing?
"I'm going to wait until I get the official word from our sales and product development teams on this."

Lack of licensing fees lowering prices?
"I think you guys overestimate licensing fees"

Estimated P/O date?
"Checking with our Sales department. Should be soon."

Last edited:
So a little more info today from GG customer relations...

Pricing?
"I'm going to wait until I get the official word from our sales and product development teams on this."

Lack of licensing fees lowering prices?
"I think you guys overestimate licensing fees"

Estimated P/O date?
"Checking with our Sales department. Should be soon."

This all sounds so familiar! :lol

The same thing happened with the Sucker Punch line. It's always waiting for or checking on information from another department.

IMO, it's pointless to contact Gentle Giant's CS department. You won't get a straight answer.

Back