Gentle Giant announces edition sizes in their blog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Robbler

Freakzoid
Reaction score
We have set edition sizes for the following Gentle Giant Ltd. Products:

Star Wars
Plo Koon mini bust - 4500
Obi-Wan Kenobi in Clone Trooper Armor Statue - 2500

Lord of the Rings
Strider Ringbearer mini bust - 2000
Ringwraith Ringbearer mini bust - 2000

Release Date Changes:
Both the Star Wars Animated Boba Fett Maquette and Princess Leia Maquette domestic ship dates have been pushed back by a month. Early samples were not up to Gentle Giant’s standards of Quality, so the entire production run is being inspected to make sure the integrity of the product is maintained. The Boba Fett Maquette will now be shipping in October and the Princess Leia Maquette will now be shipping in November. The Darth Vader Maquette is still scheduled to release on time.

I'm still debating on that Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper Armor statue. Every time I look at it, it sings to me...

"Stop! In the name of love!"

sweet in glad they didnt go the riddiculous 10,000 size mark with the Obi statue.

I am passing on that Obi statue and I have a feeling I will regret it as it's one that will probably rise in value.

KitFisto said:
I am passing on that Obi statue and I have a feeling I will regret it as it's one that will probably rise in value.

It does seem like a rather small ES. I was planning on getting this later down the road for cheaper but may order it now due to the low ES.

Darth Loki said:
It does seem like a rather small ES. I was planning on getting this later down the road for cheaper but may order it now due to the low ES.

I just decided not to get it after picking up the Clone Wars version animated Obi statue.

KitFisto said:
I just decided not to get it after picking up the Clone Wars version animated Obi statue.

I'd rather have the Maquette, but the statue is bigger and it's half the price. If things were different I'd just say F it and go get a CW maquette but I'm trying to be smart and show some restraint here.

I'm really looking forward to the Fett Maquette. I thought at SDCC the overall look of the piece was very nice as was the detail in it. The pose was really amazing!

Darth Loki said:
I'd rather have the Maquette, but the statue is bigger and it's half the price. If things were different I'd just say F it and go get a CW maquette but I'm trying to be smart and show some restraint here.

To heck with restraint. I want both!

:monkey5

Darth Loki said:
Easy for you to say, you're already half way there.

Hmm... True. I guess that the upcoming statue is the more reasonable choice if you don't have the animated maquette already. They are each cool in their own ways.

I will have both Obi statues as well. While the CW maquette is one of my favorite items the new statue coming out is special in its own way. It will be my first full sized GG statue and I can not wait. No if only we had a matching Anakin.

As for the Ed sizes I think they are pretty good. There is always going to be variation of interest based on which character is made. I think for these two items they made enough of both so that most collectors, who really want one, should have an easy time getting it.

The ES on the LOTR Busts is a bit too large. I'll get the strider off of ebay when it hits the $30 mark.

Asura said:
The ES on the LOTR Busts is a bit too large. I'll get the strider off of ebay when it hits the $30 mark.

LOTR is ten times more popular from a collecting stand point than Harry Potter and the HP busts are around a 2000 ES. I bet these start drying up at retailers now that this low ES has been announced. I know Adam is sold out of both, Mike is sold out of the Ring Wraith and I just bought both from Bob.

I think waiting on these will bite you in the ass.

Back