Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow she look really nice close to IS ironman :) i hope get her someday, congratulations :)

Thanks. I can't wait to match them up with ECC Hulk and IS Captain America.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. I can't wait to match them up with ECC Hulk and IS Captain America.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i have the ironman and i have PO the cap and also im looking for that BW too but the hulk is to expensive :p but for sure will look so nice

Nice pics Sharpnel. The plate under Widow's base is a good idea.

What type of WS monitor do you have on your PC? That thing looks killer.

Nice pics Sharpnel. The plate under Widow's base is a good idea.

What type of WS monitor do you have on your PC? That thing looks killer.

Just dual monitors on an arm mounted to my electric sit stand desk.

I have added a couple of rubber sticky to the bottom of the acrylic base. Without it the base could be quite slippery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to gauge what fair market value is on this right now. There are a couple gathering dust on eBay for $999. Last month, an eBay seller was asking $849, and accepted an offer lower than that. Maybe $750 is a fair price these days?

Hard to gauge what fair market value is on this right now. There are a couple gathering dust on eBay for $999. Last month, an eBay seller was asking $849, and accepted an offer lower than that. Maybe $750 is a fair price these days?

Yea they keep sitting there at $999. I could see paying 600-700 for one. IF there were any sellers :p

I'll sell mine for...

One-Million-Dollars-639omk.jpg
:monkey3

Indeed. I'd also have preferred a different method of attaching the statue to the base. It feels a bit flimpsy.

Overall, this piece looks great, but from a design perspective, I feel Gentle Giant has a lot to learn. In terms of packaging, assembly, use of materials.

I finally got this amazing figure. :yess: Thanks to all of you for the beautiful pictures that you have posted and for your enthusiastic comments that moved me to get this figure. :clap
As some people already commented in this forum, I find strange that the figure is attached to the base by a single screw. I do not feel comfortable with this system since the figure is rather heavy (although more or less well balanced) and it feels a bit flimsy fixed like that.

Please, one question (to calm me down): has the figure still a small degree of freedom (small tilt front and backwards) in the movement once you fix it to the base with the screw? I was actually not sure how to position precisely the figure (right orientation respect to the cubes) to avoid that little movement. :dunno
Thanks!

And some pictures (I cannot blame Mandarin in the last pic...). :)
Any comment on the screw and the degree of freedom of the figure once is fixed (described in the previous post) is more than welcome. Thanks a lot!!! :pray:

Attachments

• DSCN4142.JPG
    DSCN4142.JPG
    401.5 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN4146.JPG
    DSCN4146.JPG
    459.3 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCN4159c.jpg
    DSCN4159c.jpg
    532.7 KB · Views: 164
Yes, the figure is theoretically able to pivot since it is secured by one screw. I've owned this statue over a year and never had any problems with it wobbling. If you're concerned you can buy some transparent Quake Hold gel and place a small amount under the free foot to reinforce her.

Yes, the figure is theoretically able to pivot since it is secured by one screw. I've owned this statue over a year and never had any problems with it wobbling. If you're concerned you can buy some transparent Quake Hold gel and place a small amount under the free foot to reinforce her.

Thanks a lot for the advice. The point also is that -in the actual position (as shown in the pics)- it is not only pivoting but also is wobbling a bit front and backwards. Thus, I am hesitating if I have placed it in the precise position (although it took me really very long to fix the statue to the base trying to be very careful to avoid any damage).

Yes, if I touch the statue it's easy to make it rock forward and back. I have never seen it happen otherwise. I have young kids I do use Quake Hold under figures.

Anyhow, you're worrying to much. If it doesn't get bumped someone it's going too be fine.

Yes, if I touch the statue it's easy to make it rock forward and back. I have never seen it happen otherwise. I have young kids I do use Quake Hold under figures.

Anyhow, you're worrying to much. If it doesn't get bumped someone it's going too be fine.

Thanks. Quake Hold will be perfect for some of my figures displayed out of the detolf as I have also a kid. And, yes, you are actually right: I am worrying too much (not so good in this hobby). :)

And some pictures (I cannot blame Mandarin in the last pic...). :)
Any comment on the screw and the degree of freedom of the figure once is fixed (described in the previous post) is more than welcome. Thanks a lot!!! :pray:

Great pics. I still want this. Just don't have the funds right now. Ugh.

Great pics. I still want this. Just don't have the funds right now. Ugh.
Thanks.
I decided to go for it when I found a single piece still brand new and sealed. Prices are now insane for this figure if you compare with the original price, but not so crazy when you compare the quality of the sculpt and the paint application with many sculptures in same price range. In my opinion, when opportunity appears, it is worth saving funds and investing the cost of two sculptures to buy only this unique one. Again, this is just my opinion. I cannot stop of looking at this figure. Some more pictures with a better quality...

Attachments

• DSCN4307.JPG
    DSCN4307.JPG
    417.8 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN4309.JPG
    DSCN4309.JPG
    403.3 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN4324.JPG
    DSCN4324.JPG
    407.5 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN4329.JPG
    DSCN4329.JPG