Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish GG didn't charge taxes, especially when it doesn't ship from the state I live in. I never order big pieces from them anymore due to that reason.

I've never ordered directly from Gentle Giant, I didn't know they did that.

They only started doing it last year. So with a PGM membership and discount codes the big pieces are usually more expensive ordering directly from them instead if other retailers. Really annoying.

Yeah, I paid quite a bit more going directly through GG but: 1) I was guaranteed a piece 2) I was probably the second guy on here to receive mine 3) Mine was still a buttload cheaper than what it's going for on ebay right now.

Yeah, I paid quite a bit more going directly through GG but: 1) I was guaranteed a piece 2) I was probably the second guy on here to receive mine 3) Mine was still a buttload cheaper than what it's going for on ebay right now.

Don't remind me! I need to get Black a widow but it's so expensive now.

Having a guaranteed piece is great when you really want a statue so I see that as a plus. When I wan a specific statue I order as early as possible so I'm not really concerned about when I receive a collectible as long as I get it.

I'm a cheap bastard so I like to save as much money as I can. :lol

Last one on ebay (that actually sold) sold for $610- including shipping.

I dunno, but it seems that for something with a 600 ES (in an era of 3000-5000+ ES's of DC and Marvel characters) for a popular character like this, in a statue that is almost unanimously seen as a huge success- that's not really that huge an after market premium.
I wouldn't want to pay it, and am happy I didn't have to. But relatively to the inflated prices other, more artistically contested pieces go for it seems 'reasonable' to me.
At $600, if I didn't have it, I would absolutely consider it a grail worth going after.

Aside from ordering directly from GG it looks like Big Bad Toy store came through for their orders. Everyone else looked like a mixed bag of results. I feel bad for some people who were clearly strung along by merchants I'm sure failed to deliver.

The other advantage of ordering directly from GG is its one less trip through the mail for the statue. Chinese paint shop -> Gentle Giant -> BBTS -> Buyer is a lot of opportunities for an item to break.

Speculative Fiction has always come through.... I've yet to order a statue from him that he wasn't able to deliver....

It'd take more than 600 to pry mine away from me.:)

QFT! :lecture :D

Speculative Fiction has always come through.... I've yet to order a statue from him that he wasn't able to deliver....

I purchased mine through Spec Fiction and they delivered with flying colors. Great service & communication, I'll definitely use them again. :yess:

Last one on ebay (that actually sold) sold for $610- including shipping.

I dunno, but it seems that for something with a 600 ES (in an era of 3000-5000+ ES's of DC and Marvel characters) for a popular character like this, in a statue that is almost unanimously seen as a huge success- that's not really that huge an after market premium.
I wouldn't want to pay it, and am happy I didn't have to. But relatively to the inflated prices other, more artistically contested pieces go for it seems 'reasonable' to me.
At $600, if I didn't have it, I would absolutely consider it a grail worth going after.

I'd love for the price to just hover around there. Then I'd know I could always sell it for twice what I paid for it in a pinch but wouldn't HAVE to sell it. If she starts going for $1000 or more then I'd probably let her go like I have for all my previous collectibles that skyrocketed in price.

Back