Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good.
Wonder how long until digital scans like this completely eliminate the need for sculpting talent?

That's a bit like asking "I wonder how long until photography completely eliminates the need for painting talent?". Photography dates back to the 1820's and there are still people painting and drawing people, places and things in ways a camera could never capture.

Scar-Jo is only 5'3" so for her to be in 1/4 scale the statue needs to only be 15.75 inches tall. This piece looks pretty good. Gotta say I don't get the base or the blocks though. Hopefully this is just a WIP shot and the base still needs to be finished.

But... Doesn't mean she is intended to be 5'3" on screen... I mean Elijah Wood is certainly not as short as a hobbit yet he plays someone around 3.5ft tall

But... Doesn't mean she is intended to be 5'3" on screen... I mean Elijah Wood is certainly not as short as a hobbit yet he plays someone around 3.5ft tall

I don't recall her being 6 ft tall in the movie. Cap's around 6 ft tall and she was considerably shorter than him. It really doesn't matter to me Snad. I'm not harping. It's a pretty good looking piece and if she's 18 inches tall, your actually getting more bang for your bucks. I'm still not a fan of the clear boxes and base but to each there own. I won't be picking it up but the figure itself looks good. Congrats to everyone picking her up.

That's a bit like asking "I wonder how long until photography completely eliminates the need for painting talent?". Photography dates back to the 1820's and there are still people painting and drawing people, places and things in ways a camera could never capture.

Sorry I didnt state the obvious. Im talking about sculpts that mimic real, existing characters and the result is to be as lifelike as possible... :monkey1...

Surprised to see this, I hadn't seen any photos of her yet, but I knew she was going to have a prominent role in the movie.

Straight off the screen from Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Gentle Giant Ltd. is proud to bring you the Black Widow Statue! Digitally sculpted by the master artisans at Gentle Giant Ltd. using the actual digital scan data of Scarlett Johansson, her costume and props, no other collectable can claim to feature this level of accuracy!

This dramatic limited edition 18” statue comes cast in high-quality polystone and hand-painted. Each piece is individually numbered and includes a matching certificate of authenticity. Avengers Assemble!

Huge fan of Scar-Jo as Black Widow and really liking this look for her. Auto-buy for me!
Although 18" scale is not the same thing as 1/4 scale, not sure she's going to be completely in scale with my SS PF's, but whatever.

This statue is looking amazing and it will be mine! :lecture :yess:

I don't recall her being 6 ft tall in the movie. Cap's around 6 ft tall and she was considerably shorter than him. It really doesn't matter to me Snad. I'm not harping. It's a pretty good looking piece and if she's 18 inches tall, your actually getting more bang for your bucks. I'm still not a fan of the clear boxes and base but to each there own. I won't be picking it up but the figure itself looks good. Congrats to everyone picking her up.

The SSC version is 19" tall and the base is 1" or so. It's about the same height.

I placed my order the moment I saw this statue up for sale. First piece I've done that with in a long time...

I like it, the fine straight hair looks so much better for her character than the curly Q version...

That's a good discount on her. :yess:

I ordered the Koto Venom from them. It took a little bit to process and ship but communication was good and I got everything fine.

That's good to know...I may go with them if BBTS doesn't have a better price.

hands off snoop mine first :naughty :rotfl

What?!? No way, bro, I'll wrestle you naked for first dibs! :lecture :monkey3 :lol

I hope they do more. Cap would be nice even though I like my TFA PF... but the gold here eould be the characters SSC seems hesitant about. Nick Fury, Coulsen (if he makes an appearance). Maybe The Falcon too?

Can someone enlighten me as to gentle giants ways? I don't get why ive seen igor, ip, black widow....but no caps or iron man? Makes or breaks the line for me... (think their statues are awesome btw)

Back