General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’ll see, I was impressed with the team performance of Cavs which frankly did not see coming at all. Smith blew it, but I thought Durant wasn’t at his best , he was really pressured. Curry and the assists balanced the game out. Defense was actually equal throughout IMO where I thought Dubs would just dominate on defense.

If Cavs play like this on Sunday , they might steal one

I really think a sweep by the dubs is still possible, who knows now..in other words, this particular Cavs team should not be taken lightly for the series .

The refs really jacked up the outcome though

Yea, but one also can't bank on Lebron scoring 50 every game. I think it still ends in 5, but this had the potential to go 6 or 7 with a win tonight. It takes a little luck to win a title and GS players and coaches both admit they just got plain lucky to win this one.

Yea, but one also can't bank on Lebron scoring 50 every game. I think it still ends in 5, but this had the potential to go 6 or 7 with a win tonight. It takes a little luck to win a title and GS players and coaches both admit they just got plain lucky to win this one.

Something about a Harden Rockets team, I really think GS did not play their best tonight. The momentum was clearly on Cavs which really surprised me , I think Rockets wore Dubs out, .

Isiah Thomas ( veteran) said it best post show , that Dubs can’t let Cavs have momentum in GM2 and try to win , because if Cavs win Sunday this might be a long series. The Dubs have to hit Cavs and win GM2 with dominance and take all hope out of Cleveland .

IMO GM2 is going to set the direction of this series.

GS really lucked out in GM 1 and I really didn’t expect that :horror

Something about a Harden Rockets team, I really think GS did not play their best tonight. The momentum was clearly on Cavs which really surprised me , I think Rockets wore Dubs out, .

Isiah Thomas ( veteran) said it best post show , that Dubs can’t let Cavs have momentum in GM2 and try to win , because if Cavs win Sunday this might be a long series. The Dubs have to hit Cavs and win GM2 with dominance and take all hope out of Cleveland .

IMO GM2 is going to set the direction of this series.

GS really lucked out in GM 1 and I really didn’t expect that :horror

I've never seen Lue or Lebron so pissed off after a game before, so I'm curious if that mindset of we are pissed off will have a trickle down effect or if the role players will flat out quit in game 2. I think everyone is curious if Smith will even show up for the game, and we can't forget Hill missed the go ahead FT to set up the debacle in the first place.

So many great memes

e9d2f6fec305bcca647a30bc235867bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he was saving Lebron. Had he passed the ball and Lebron missed and they still end up losing in OT everyone would have said Lebron isn't clutch. They would have played the Jordan short against Utah a thousand times in comparison. Smith... "I'm just helping you out bro." [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've never seen Lue or Lebron so pissed off after a game before, so I'm curious if that mindset of we are pissed off will have a trickle down effect or if the role players will flat out quit in game 2. I think everyone is curious if Smith will even show up for the game, and we can't forget Hill missed the go ahead FT to set up the debacle in the first place.

It’s hard to say whether this loss will demoralize or motivate them. My guess is that it will be the former, but we’ll see. Blown opportunity, that’s for sure.

For all the hate on JR—and he deserves it—Lue also deserves blame for not having called the timeout.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...d-two-missed-infractions-final-seconds-game-1

So the NBA admitted there were two calls that went against the Cavs in the last two minutes; Draymond fouled LeBron prior to his pass to George Hill (in which case, LeBron would have shot free throws instead of Hill...LeBron was 10 for 11 last night), and secondly Draymond committed a lane violation of Hill’s second free throw...which would have allowed Hill to reshoot the free throw.

I guess it’s good the league acknowledged their errors, but a tough pill for the Cavs.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...d-two-missed-infractions-final-seconds-game-1

So the NBA admitted there were two calls that went against the Cavs in the last two minutes; Draymond fouled LeBron prior to his pass to George Hill (in which case, LeBron would have shot free throws instead of Hill...LeBron was 10 for 11 last night), and secondly Draymond committed a lane violation of Hill’s second free throw...which would have allowed Hill to reshoot the free throw.

I guess it’s good the league acknowledged their errors, but a tough pill for the Cavs.

I still think they also got the highly controversial charge call wrong. Like the NFL, if it's a toss up, go with what was called to begin with. Game 2 will say a lot about the Cle role players.

Back