Gandalf vs. Balrog Diorama First Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not even the fact that they're not on the bridge for me... And, it's not even the pose- I actually like it. Although I'd *much* prefer that Gandalf was stabbing the 'Rog with Glamdring.

I don't want to list all of my dislikes in this thread; I'd rather discuss it over a beer!
But trust me when I say it has too many things about it that I just can't get over.

sad.gif

It's not even the fact that they're not on the bridge for me... And, it's not even the pose- I actually like it. Although I'd *much* prefer that Gandalf was stabbing the 'Rog with Glamdring.

I don't want to list all of my dislikes in this thread; I'd rather discuss it over a beer!
But trust me when I say it has too many things about it that I just can't get over.

sad.gif

That would have worked MUCH better as Gandalf would have connected to the Rog without any HUGE ol seam showing....:sick In the future I pray that SS looks at the older SSW pieces and see how the parts are interconnected/sculpted:banghead what SS did on this piece is just crap and VERY poor workmanship! Also as far as the tiny Gandalf and the poor sculpt, I don’t want to hear it about "how its small and they did the best they could", that’s a cop out and crap, I have some VERY nice SSW pieces that are small and detailed w/o a loss on details, I think on this piece SS shows a lack of experience, in that SS needs alot of work to do still on something as detailed as LOTR pieces are and what we have become to expect with the WETA master pieces we all have in our collections, come on SS get with it man! For a lack of better words, this pieces looks lazy…………..

Last edited:
I hear ya, Mr FB.

I will say that my "issue" w/Gandalf is not so much in the details but that he looks like a GG animaquette. The 'Rog sculpt is killer- which, in direct comparison, makes the Gandy look all the more cartoony.

To me, IMO, blah blah blah!

:lol

I hear ya, Mr FB.

I will say that my "issue" w/Gandalf is not so much in the details but that he looks like a GG animaquette. The 'Rog sculpt is killer- which, in direct comparison, makes the Gandy look all the more cartoony.

To me, IMO, blah blah blah!

:lol

Not only that but Gandalf looks out of place! You are right, the Rog sculpt is awesome, I am debating on how to display it w/o that POS of a sculpt of Gandalf?????

That would have worked MUCH better as Gandalf would have connected to the Rog without any HUGE ol seam showing....:sick In the future I pray that SS looks at the older SSW pieces and see how the parts are interconnected/sculpted:banghead what SS did on this piece is just crap and VERY poor workmanship! Also as far as the tiny Gandalf and the ^^^^ sculpt, I don’t want to hear it about "how its small and they did the best they could", that’s a cop out and crap, I have some VERY nice SSW pieces that are small and detailed w/o a loss on details, I think on this piece SS shows a lack of experience, in that SS needs alot of work to do still on something as detailed as LOTR pieces are and what we have become to expect with the WETA master pieces we all have in our collections, come on SS get with it man! For a lack of better words, this pieces looks lazy…………..

Ya know sometimes I think you post stuff this dumb just to see if you can get a rise out of anyone. When I read posts like this from you I just read nothing but :blah:blah:blah:blah:blah:blah:blah :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know sometimes I think :blah:blah:blah:blah:blah:blah:blah :lol

Much like you sound like Charlie Browns teacher at times......

Waaa,waaaa,waaaaa,waaaaaaaaa.

Hit a nerve ol chearleader of SS crap master??

Truth hurts at times, lets face it SS is FAR from perfect and it shows with this piece, I hope they go back to art school in a hurry!!.........

Waaaaaaaaa, wawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawa waaaaaaaaaaaaaa..:rolleyes:

...In the future I pray that SS looks at the older SSW pieces and see how the parts are interconnected/sculpted:banghead what SS did on this piece is just crap and VERY poor workmanship!...

It might be interesting if someone posted some detailed pictures of the Gondorian Soldier from the Weta Battle Troll and compared it to the Gandalf from this piece to support your theory. The scales are fairly similar I would think? :huh

Nope, didn't hit a nerve at all. Sadly, I don't nearly as revved up as most would like to think. I just find that most of the time you lack a general respect for how to post things. I have a feeling when you and others make posts like these you would be quite disrespected if someone came to your work and did it. No matter how you choose to say in response.

It might be interesting if someone posted some detailed pictures of the Gondorian Soldier from the Weta Battle Troll and compared it to the Gandalf from this piece to support your theory. The scales are fairly similar I would think? :huh

Good Idea. I thought I had one of that part of the statue but I guess I never took one of the face.

I think its a well designed piece. I think the only problem is that Gandalf's face looks a bit too cartoony. I guess, it wouldn't bother me, as I would never view it from that angle. To me the Balrog is the main character in the piece and Gandalf is an unnecessary extra. It is probably similar to the shades of Mordor Diorama - Frodo is not necessary

The pics on the previous page are excellent - That really sold me on this piece. I will definitely pick this up at some point.

Colin

:naughty

Oh brother,

What did you say??

Respect??

This is an opinion general forum, good, bad, indifferent, objective, destructive, indecisive, whatever floats the poster at the time…………….

If you want respect you really need to go elsewhere other then an Internet forum…….

Respect as in what 10K of you previous posts :rolleyes:, your screaming at the wrong audience here…

BTW Fritz, grab your pompoms with Josh and go in the street and give me a big ol SS sucks ok..............:naughty

Please go and look at that soldier, close look and its actually pretty dam good and about 15 times smaller then the cartoon Gandalf crap on this piece.....

:naughty

Oh brother,

What did you say??

Respect??

This is an opinion general forum, good, bad, indifferent, objective, destructive, indecisive, whatever floats the poster at the time…………….

If you want respect you really need to go elsewhere other then an Internet forum…….

Respect as in what 10K of you previous posts :rolleyes:, your screaming at the wrong audience here…

BTW Fritz, grab your pompoms with Josh and go in the street and give me a big ol SS sucks ok..............:naughty

Please go and look at that soldier, close look and its actually pretty dam good and about 15 times smaller then the cartoon Gandalf crap on this piece.....

are you talking about the battle troll or mordor statue? if so i'll take mine out the box later and post some pix's.

and as far as this dio i just wish that sideshow would of showed it the same amount of love like they do for the marvel and star wars dio's. it looks like they put more time in the design prosses for those two lines, and we get some half A^^ designs. just my 2 cents.

are you talking about the battle troll or mordor statue? if so i'll take mine out the box later and post some pix's.

and as far as this dio i just wish that sideshow would of showed it the same amount of love like they do for the marvel and star wars dio's. it looks like they put more time in the design prosses for those two lines, and we get some half A^^ designs. just my 2 cents.

Battle Troll statue

Also keep in mind that the Battle Troll Soldier is much smaller then the Gandalf and is Polystone NOT plastic and hand painted and most of all its not meant to be a focal point of the statue, unlike the dorky plastic Gandalf the Toon on this one!!

I agree in the 1/2a$$ design this one was, I think calling the design lazy is perfect, its like they were in a hurry …………..

Last edited:
some of you guys need to take a hit from the peace pipe

Willl it make my cold go away? :rotfl

Respect??

So you can't have respect on an internet forum? Well, I hope you read your updated rules about how things are here. You might want to show a little or you won't be here much longer. You can easily have respect on a forum much as you do in the real world.

As a general rule I try to show respect. I don't always do as well with it as I should but I try. Can't say the same for you.

If they suck then why are you here?

I'd venture to guess they're about the same size actually.

So you can't have respect on an internet forum? Well, I hope you read your updated rules about how things are here. You might want to show a little or you won't be here much longer. You can easily have respect on a forum much as you do in the real world.

Not what I said, its on open forum, with different opinions other then yours so relax:rolleyes: when someone says something different then you, thats what makes a open forum good.....BTW you are a Mod in here?? Looks like you might need to re-read the rules at least once, its not your choice on who stays and who goes :rolleyes:

As a general rule I try to show respect. I don't always do as well with it as I here?

To drive you crazy and to get your over in flated post count up:D

I'd venture to guess they're about the same size actually.

Not even close, you dont even have the Rog Dio so how can you even say that?? How can you even make a comment like that??

I don't have it yet. I can try to take a picture of the fave and compare it to the GTG figure(posted by someone else) if you'd like thats ok.

Back