Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really into p.f.'s like I used to be. But, I do like this piece enough to order it. I'm gonna try to get the exclusive, if it sells out, then I'll be happy with the regular.

I think it looks great.

But they've never shown stuff like that in pictures lighting up if they didn't actually light up--like the lightsabers, they've only show that on the PF's that had the light up feature

I would wager you are right, but they have done this with some Star Wars PFs in the past and of course their mocked up 1/6 figs.

Probably nothing, just some more speculation while I wait for my #1 PF to be released.

:joy

Gondorian Pippin? :huh :lol

But they've never shown stuff like that in pictures lighting up if they didn't actually light up--like the lightsabers, they've only show that on the PF's that had the light up feature

Maul 12 inch:

maula.jpg

But there was a disclaimer, which they didn't add to the Gandalf image.

I'm not really into p.f.'s like I used to be. But, I do like this piece enough to order it. I'm gonna try to get the exclusive, if it sells out, then I'll be happy with the regular.

I think it looks great.

I think you are gonna get sucked back in man. :lol

Has it been finally confirmed whether this will light up or not? Seeing as how it is only seen in one pic, I don't think it is a foregone conclusion.

:dunno

This was posted on facebook by Sideshow yesterday:

Sideshow Collectibles We thought you would enjoy a peak at the gallery for our Gandalf the Grey Premium Format Figure. And yes...the crystal in his staff will light up! Priority Pre-Orders begin on Friday at 10AM PT - More Info here

This was posted on facebook by Sideshow yesterday:

Sideshow Collectibles We thought you would enjoy a peak at the gallery for our Gandalf the Grey Premium Format Figure. And yes...the crystal in his staff will light up! Priority Pre-Orders begin on Friday at 10AM PT - More Info here

I guess that confirms it. :banana

The Exclusive edition of Gandalf will feature a switch-out hatless portrait for alternate display, and will be priced at $299.99.

GTG Checklist

Exceptional likeness

Terrific base

Phenomenal pose

Great base

Expert Tailoring

Bright light

Perfect Price

Iconic character choice

Gorgeous

It looks like I'm going to miss the PPO on this one and have to waitlist it unless for some reason it doesn't sell out until later in the day (not likely).

A thought on the exclusive (hatless) version I will definately be going for.

It may be a great addition to those who have either the LSB Balrog or wall mountable Balrog head as it could be a partial representation of the elusive 'bridge scene' if the hatless Gandalf was put near one of these (minus Glamdring of course) :D

Just a thought..

GTG Checklist

Exceptional likeness

Terrific base

Phenomenal pose

Great base

Expert Tailoring

Bright light

Perfect Price

Iconic character choice

Gorgeous

So is the base great or just terrific.:naughty

This could well be the best LOTR PF yet.:cool:

So is the base great or just terrific.:naughty

This could well be the best LOTR PF yet.:cool:

:rotfl

That was my thought as well...Not sure if Ringer thinks the base is Terrific, or just Great. :D

And this is going to be one heck of a PF. Can't wait for this one!

This looks like a job well done. I'm getting one for sure--although the hatless sculpt will sit forever untouched in the box, just like Indy. This is just the best Gandalf representation that you could hope for.

Don't be so sure...I've had my hatless Indy head on the PF for sometime now as my hatted head is with Figuremaster Les for a repaint. :D

If the Gandy factory apps don't measure up, then the hatless head is going on and hatted head is off to one of the talented repainters on these boards! :naughty

Back