Gamorrean Guard 1:1 Bust - PREORDER NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gamorrean Guard 1:1 Bust?!?!

And here I make my obligatory WTF at LFL, they crack down on certain things, and yet GG is permitted to make a statue using designs that Lucas himself removed from the films. I just don't get why some things get a yay and others a nay.

As far as the Max Rebo band, I'm content enough with the Hasbro figures getting it in my collection, any desire for new pieces is to further enhance my Sideshow Jabba display.

And here I must make the obligatory plug for the Gentle Giant Max Rebo band statue. Its only real flaw is that it's too small to accompany the Sideshow Jabba setup. But it's available pretty cheaply now, so if you just want a Max Rebo Band piece and don't care about it going with the Sideshow lineup, I recommend it.

page-5852.jpg

:confused: I read somewhere that it was 1:6 scale.

I think the GG Jabba stuff is like 1/7 scale, based on photos and reports, it seems just a bit smaller than the Sideshow Jabba setup.

Well, it's only too small for the Sideshow piece, of course. It fits in just fine with the Gentle Giant pieces for which it was made. (If you've seen the Gentle Giant Jabba setup next to the Sideshow setup, you would see why the size of the band just won't work.)

As for getting a Sideshow version, I wouldn't give up hope. Unlike some figures (e.g. Chewbacca) there are really no technical issues in the way here. If Sideshow thought they would sell, I don't see why they wouldn't make them.

Well, it's only too small for the Sideshow piece, of course. It fits in just fine with the Gentle Giant pieces for which it was made. (If you've seen the Gentle Giant Jabba setup next to the Sideshow setup, you would see why the size of the band just won't work.)

As for getting a Sideshow version, I wouldn't give up hope. Unlike some figures (e.g. Chewbacca) there are really no technical issues in the way here. If Sideshow thought they would sell, I don't see why they wouldn't make them.

2035 here we come! Sadly I think if they do, most of us will be buying them with Social Security checks. :p

Indeed, they can be done as roto figures like the Gammorrean seems to be developing towards.

Great site icruise... you've got some great Jabba pieces :rock

So where did you get the C-3PO head from that you customized to go with Crumb?

Great site icruise... you've got some great Jabba pieces :rock
Thanks. It's been fun to work on.

So where did you get the C-3PO head from that you customized to go with Crumb?

That was the head that Sideshow sent me as a replacement because my original one had a blemish. The replacement ended up being broken and having much worse weathering than the original one (one of the problems was that one of the eyes was broken and rattling around inside). In the end I opted to just keep both the original head with the blemish and the broken one, instead of having them try again to make a replacement. I stripped the weathering on the broken head, removed the eye (by coincidence the one that was broken was the one that 3PO had removed in the film). Then I used some wires from Radio Shack and a hot glue gun to replicate his hanging eye.

Getting back on topic, one question I have about this bust (assuming this hasn't been a big practical joke by Sideshow) is whether it will include any shoulders. From the picture it looks like it's just a disembodied head on one of the normal Star Wars bust bases. Maybe its size made that the best choice (most people will not pay the same amount for a Gamorrean Guard bust that they would pay for, say, Darth Vader, so they have to keep the cost down somehow). But I would prefer some shoulders.

Looking at the photo, it seems they used the shoulder strap as a cutoff point. Likely, the costume would also be painted not real like Bossk, so I'm sure it's all cost cutting to keep it more the $500 range than Vader price. Vader will be the exception piece.

P!tu.. is that an actual pic of the bust? ;)

So this thing would cost what... $700???

It's a crop of a promo photo from Jedi.

I would guess the bust would be about $500 like the other Star Wars 1:1 busts.

Back