Media Gaming Headsets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solidus

Super Freak
Reaction score
There were a few, sporadic discussions on headsets years back, so I figured it would be good to just have a general thread for discussion on headsets of all types (whether they be for consoles, PCs, or whatever else).

So, what headsets are you guys currently using? I bought a Turtle Beach PX22 from Amazon last week. The sound quality was great when I first hooked it up. But, the left ear-piece suddenly died yesterday, and now I have to return it with UPS. I'm pretty sure it was because of faulty wiring (and man, were there a lot of wires everywhere).

Anyway, I noticed that Amazon has a bunch of wireless headsets on sale now. The "Call of Duty" version of the XP400 is marked down to $94 from $199 - so I'm thinking of ordering it as a replacement for my defective PX22:

Amazon.com: Turtle Beach Call of Duty: Black Ops II Ear Force X-Ray Wireless Dolby Surround Sound Gaming Headset: PlayStation 3;63057006306200: Video Games

Last edited:
Re: Gaming Headsets - A General Discussion

I'm not big on headsets, nor would I consider myself an authority on the subject, but I was tempted by the Sony Pulse 7.1, it seems to do everything!

That looks awesome, Ryan. I wouldn't mind picking something like that up when I get a PS4 later this year. The price isn't bad, either.

That looks awesome, Ryan. I wouldn't mind picking something like that up when I get a PS4 later this year. The price isn't bad, either.

Whoa, wait, you're not getting a PS4 in conjunction with Ground Zeroes this March?

Nope! Ground Zeroes can wait until the PS4 gets a price drop :lol.

Of course, I might just get it for the PS3; just to tell Kojima, "I'm not listening to you, bro".

Nope! Ground Zeroes can wait until the PS4 gets a price drop :lol.

Of course, I might just get it for the PS3; just to tell Kojima, "I'm not listening to you, bro".

Wait, now you "just might get it"? Man, thinga are even worse than I thought. :lol

Anyway, love to hear when you get a headset, TLOU is FANTASTIC on proper audio.

Last edited:

i have the PULSE elite headset as well

the PS4 is still not compatible with it, and waiting for an update

Nice headset yea I wont be getting a ps4 till later in the year playing Mgs on current gen.

i have the PULSE elite headset as well

the PS4 is still not compatible with it, and waiting for an update

I didn't even know that. It seems strange that Sony hasn't been on top of updating their own hardware.

My POS headset, that I have to sync back to my PS3 like every time I use it.

2lcl34m.jpg

Nice headset yea I wont be getting a ps4 till later in the year playing Mgs on current gen.

MGS on the PS4 can wait :lol. I bought my PS3 early in anticipation for MGS 4 - and as it turns out, I eventually hated it. I consider it as the single worst MGS game - even more than Peace Walker. The only good thing about it, was that I got to meet Kojima and he signed my copy.

Is there a 7.1 headset that is compatible with Xbox one and PS4 yet?

I only have experience using Turtle Beach. But, I think their 7.1 headsets like the XP500 and PX51 are compatible with the PS4.

I'm not sure how well they work, though.

I have Astro headsets. Love them

Astro A40s? I've heard how good they are. I'd love to try one out one of these days.

Yes the a40's I have a older model which was part wireless. I don't know how the new one is. You can try the a50's.

Back