Gaming Heads 1/4 Lara Croft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got round to my own little review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKzfNHzddr4&list=UU6HhQr-HnfHuOF7MOMU-QcA

Great statue! Sadly, thought they could have done better with the face sculpt. But overall I like it a lot.

WARNING: I was super tired, in the process of moving apartments.

QMCItmG.jpg

It's funny, the exclusive is sold out in the EU but the regular is sold out in Asia/Austrailia and the Americas.

All the negatives posted in this thread have slowly faded away. She really is a great statue, one of my favorites.

All the negatives posted in this thread have slowly faded away. She really is a great statue, one of my favorites.

no they haven't all the negatives are still VERY much there, its just the thread has died out..its why the exclusive is still available, etc.. don't confuse a great sculpt and a great character with a great paint job/final product...

it is painted well, but the pepper spray eyes on the production are definitively a negative, otherwise I would get it.

For the most part I think the collectors that like this piece still outweigh the collectors that don't. In my opinion it's still not sold out simply because classic short shorts Lara is just more popular than new younger Lara.

It's a shame :(

I have only recently got around to playing the Game on the PS4 and I have to say I loved it. I stopped playing TR after no 3, and I have to say as much as I loved 2 which now yes is very dated, the reboot and the younger Lara is absolutely fantastic.

I think your Right Fritz, the 'classic' image of Lara perhaps still takes some beating in many peoples minds, but when you factor in the content and whatnot, this piece is an absolute beaut!

There are moments in the game, one point that comes to mind is right near the end when Lara is climbing a icy rock face, battling howling winds - a real weather onslaught, it was genuinely epic!

Any who, I would like to own this piece! I wonder if they would still allow a purchase from a EU resident?

You should send them an email about that. It might be possible, but you will probably have to pay the VAT + import fees.

You should send them an email about that. It might be possible, but you will probably have to pay the VAT + import fees.

I Took a chance and put an order in for the exclusive.
- It let me submit my order with a UK billing / shipping address, so perhaps the embargo is off since it's been available a long time?

You know that it is cheaper to buy it from eBay?

Actually no. At best, there's one (no EX) for $378 +

Import charges: US $106.81(amount confirmed at checkout)

If you can show me one that's EX, ships to the UK Inc Shipping for $379.99 (which is what my order totalled at) fair enough, else idle posts don't really help anyone. :wink1:

Bugger. Order has been cancelled :(
- Kinda frustrating. They have the item, but won't ship outside of the US for the remaining pieces - You would think an order is an order? :gah:

no they haven't all the negatives are still VERY much there, its just the thread has died out..its why the exclusive is still available, etc.. don't confuse a great sculpt and a great character with a great paint job/final product...

the negatives of this statue were exaggerated to the point of hysteria. While we're reading minds, don't confuse the final product with higher than prototype expectations. I still don't get how you hated even the prototype paint app. :huh :gah:

I think partly the reason the EX is still available is because the bow is vastly more popular than the shotgun... and cheaper. Also I'm not seeing a lot of these on the aftermarket, seems the people that are buying her are for the most part keeping her.

Back