FRODO'S UP!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was disappointed in the final version as well. So much for trying for the fellowship in this line. :(

Customikey said:
I think a piece should stand on its own. If it's only justifiable as part of a collection, it's not worth your money.

That's exactly how I feel. I'm not going to pay $250 for a piece I'm disappointed with just because I should have a Frodo piece in a LOTR collection. You could say that about a dozen characters in the story.

If SS were to say that they have no intentions of releasing all 9 members of the Fellowship in PF form, would I still buy Frodo? Probably not.

Looks like this might be a small ES then. Which is great for all I care. Then you'll see a lot of folks who said it sucked crawling all over themselves to get it.

jlcmsu said:
Looks like this might be a small ES then. Which is great for all I care. Then you'll see a lot of folks who said it sucked crawling all over themselves to get it.
And for those who won't be able to get it at retail, they'll be crawling all over eBay to get it at premium prices.

I think there are people who have ordered this who are still voiceing concerns. Better to be safe than sorry.:D

wetayourself said:
:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha
No way is he a balrogy, cavey, witchy, orthancy .... ecty

there will be a flood
"etcy"?

:mwaha

Even if he doesn't become a Balrog, if the ES ends up low enough because so many people are more busy voicing concerns than ordering, he could end up the next Sam and Bill. Nobody wanted that piece when it was at retail. I bought mine for a measly $100 because so many places were putting on clearance sales, and some people laughed at me for wasting my money. Those people aren't laughing now.

RoboDad said:
"etcy"?

:mwaha

Even if he doesn't become a Balrog, if the ES ends up low enough because so many people are more busy voicing concerns than ordering, he could end up the next Sam and Bill. Nobody wanted that piece when it was at retail. I bought mine for a measly $100 because so many places were putting on clearance sales, and some people laughed at me for wasting my money. Those people aren't laughing now.

It's funny- I remember several times that I had the Sam & Bill statue in my cart, sometimes even with a coupon, and I could never get myself to click the order button. At the time, I didn't think I could afford to spend the money. Now look at it!! That's one I'll never have.

wetayourself said:
ya but bill looks like bill!
You missed the point. Sure, Bill looks like Bill (as much as a horse sculpt could, I guess), but still nobody wanted it. They didn't like the pose, they didn't collect hobbits, since only the "baddies" are supposed to be cool, and so on. So the result was that the number of them that were produced remained very small, somewhere under 1000 pieces. Like it or not, that plays a large part in the value of a piece in the secondary market.

KAOSINLA said:
I am one who can certainly collect this line without Frodo as I have with the SSW line and others. This is not meant to be insulting, but I don't collect, nor arrange my collection, based on trying to create a storyline. I don't purchase just for the sake of purchasing. The books, movies, and my mind keep the story complete, not my shelf. I collect for the simple pleasure of admiring the sculpts and their individual merits that I have deemed worthy enough to be displayed in the place of my liking. I feel that there is no protocol other than personal taste when one chooses to collect anything. I have a purchasing attraction to the so-called "bad guys" of certain lines. Many of my SSW pieces are "bad guys". So, I guess that makes my collection sub-par. So far, with the PF line, Lurtz is the only one I feel has earned the right to be displayed. Frodo is not what he should be in my eyes. What's the use of having a "cornerstone" if it is cracked through a personal collectors eyes.

Very well put, and I appreciate your opinion. I should have been more careful with my "HAVE" comment, but to me - I can't really think about a LOTR collection without a Frodo, or a Hobbit collection without a Bilbo; but again I understand your stance. :peace

LOTRFan said:
Very well put, and I appreciate your opinion. I should have been more careful with my "HAVE" comment, but to me - I can't really think about a LOTR collection without a Frodo, or a Hobbit collection without a Bilbo; but again I understand your stance. :peace

Thank You....And, I also appreciate your needs and wants as a collector, just as I do with everyone else.:D

Darklord Dave said:
Photoshop is fun!

YES, IT IS!! :D

frodos0fd.jpg

Back