Frodo tomorrow online ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on guys not in front of the kids.

fotr00866oy.jpg

Re: Quick Side by Side

RoboDad said:
I think the Lurtz needs to be just a hair larger. I combined the two in Photoshop, and enlarged the Lurtz until his sword matched exactly, and then carved out the background. Here is how they look:

lurtzfrodo3xv.jpg

That looks better. Thanks.

I've seen Frodo in person - the picture doesn't do it justice, but I don't see how people are saying it sucks either. Perhaps my perception is clouded because I've seen the real thing so the picture image appears better to me than to others.

Based on seeing it in real life I do think that the likeness is the best Frodo we've seen. I really believe better pics will vindicate the little guy.

I have a serious problem with that patch of fungus on his feet lol. I hope that gets corrected. It is not the color so much as just looks like a square patch of brown paint, not hair.

I hope so to Dave, this is a piece I did want to buy. And the pic above, I think frodo should be a bit smaller then that, sting was more like a dagger then a sword, and the uruks could easily pick a hobbit up with one hand in the movies, and I don't see lurtz pickin a frodo that big up with one hand and running away with him.

Darklord Dave said:
I've seen Frodo in person - the picture doesn't do it justice, but I don't see how people are saying it sucks either. Perhaps my perception is clouded because I've seen the real thing so the picture image appears better to me than to others.

Based on seeing it in real life I do think that the likeness is the best Frodo we've seen. I really believe better pics will vindicate the little guy.

I don't think it sucks. Infact i like it. But some people need to show a little more decorum and respect for other peoples views, regardless if those views are polar to their own. As long as the critique is not disrespectful of the sculptor then people are entitled to voice their opinions on the sculpt without having their opinions bashed. JMO.

Since the cats out of the bag maybe we can get an offical picture from Sideshow.:D

Bullseye said:
Since the cats out of the bag maybe we can get an offical picture from Sideshow.:D
That would be great, but I wonder if Dave's suspicion is correct, and they can't release any new pics online until after the press window closes, which could mean another week.

Bullseye said:
I don't think it sucks. Infact i like it. But some people need to show a little more decorum and respect for other peoples views, regardless if those views are polar to their own. As long as the critique is not disrespectful of the sculptor then people are entitled to voice their opinions on the sculpt without having their opinions bashed. JMO.

:clap For the record, not trying to bash the sculptor here, as I think all Sideshow artisans do a TOP NOTCH job, just saying I don't care for that pic of this particular piece.

HeraldElrond said:
:clap For the record, not trying to bash the sculptor here, as I think all Sideshow artisans do a TOP NOTCH job, just saying I don't care for that pic of this particular piece.

I know you weren't bashing the sculptor. Andy is a great sculptor and I'm sure he takes critique on the chin. He and Howard Studios are the best sculptors for likeness out there. Frodo and Aragorn appear to be difficult to master but if anyone can Andy can.:D

RoboDad said:
That would be great, but I wonder if Dave's suspicion is correct, and they can't release any new pics online until after the press window closes, which could mean another week.

That or maybe they have some agreement with 'Toyfair'. Isn't that happening in a week or two.

It looks to me to be about as successful as the Lurtz was, honestly. I don't think it's 100% perfection (and neither did I think that about Lurtz) but I think the quality has been consistant so far from the two LOTR PF prototypes we've seen.

I thought the sculptor was Mat Falls? :confused:

It is definately too early to form any type of definitive opinion on this piece, but I think the face is quite good (from what I can see), my only concerns are the pose (it is just so much like Pippin, though on a different scale it really jumps out to me), and the hair on both his head and feet. The hair should be a bit more disheveled, but again it is certainly early. :peace

The sculptor for this piece was indeed Mat Falls (same as Aragorn). He's done an awesome job, I know I certainly couldn't have done any better if I were in his shoes. Though I appreciate the vote of confidence! :peace

Back