Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has shipped as well. Too bad I can only see it end of next week as I'm on holidays right now. Will enjoy all your lovely photos till then!

Looking forward to pics!
I have to wait a couple of weeks for mine. Too much stuff this week. Couldn't affort it.

This is the second time that Sideshow doesn't put "Top" on the styrofoam to tell which way to open. So, much to my luck, because I opened it from the bottom, all sort of hell broke as loose heads, and swords came flying out.

Is it too much to ask Sideshow to reinstate on their styrofoam, as to which one is the top half and which one is the bottom??? It's not enough that we worry that it the statue made it safely our way, but now we have to worry additionally as to which way to open the darn styrofoam!!

I've had pretty good luck getting low numbers in this series. Not today!

Looks great, though. I'll work on getting some pictures posted.

Sting is connected to Sam by a single grain of pixie dust. Also, Sam has a bit of seventh-grade-boy-moustache going on, but it's not a deal breaker.

:postpics:

This is the second time that Sideshow doesn't put "Top" on the styrofoam to tell which way to open. So, much to my luck, because I opened it from the bottom, all sort of hell broke as loose heads, and swords came flying out.

Is it too much to ask Sideshow to reinstate on their styrofoam, as to which one is the top half and which one is the bottom??? It's not enough that we worry that it the statue made it safely our way, but now we have to worry additionally as to which way to open the darn styrofoam!!

Yeah that can be pretty annoying.

All I have for pictures is my iPhone and I'm having a hard time getting good shots. This is really a great piece--nice detail. I know some people are on the fence because of the costume choice, but the orc armor really gave them an opportunity to give us a very nicely detailed and textured piece. Now that I've given the kids their dinner, I'll try to find one or two pictures that are not just dark blur.

img3775ec.jpg

By the way, with my packaging, the bottom of the styrofoam had some indentations built in for support, and the top surface was totally flat with the edition number written on it with red marker. Maybe that will help others worried about opening it upside down. It wasn't clear, but I guessed that the flat/numbered side was the top and that ended up being correct.

Back