Friday the 13th Part3 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jason8a.jpg

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 Mine is at Carl's, maskless and waiting.

I'm new to this forum but with the release of one of my all time favorite characters in PF I felt it was as good a time as any to chime in.

First off, let me say that I'm on order for both the Exclusive as well as the Regular version of this PF and am absolutely ecstatic to be getting this piece - it is a dream-come-true for me. But with that said here is something I hope will change between now and the final product release in the 2nd quarter . . .

11ajpuf.jpg

the vertical holes at the mouth are pretty badly placed. The sculptor may have had a David Miller hockey mask in his possession when he made the hock for this piece as DM's hocks have this exact same inherent flaw. The right side of the picture is the more accurate improvement I'd like to see. Other than that . . this piece ROCKS!

Some may see this as nitpicking but when you think about it this improvement really is vital to Jason's overall look of the head and when dealing with any figure (illustration or figure or otherwise) the head is one of the most important aspects and usually the first place you look (female figures not withstanding).

Here's hoping the sculptor (and/or Sideshow) is keeping their eye on this thread and they make this small but significant change.

I can't believe this post got you guys so fired up. He says he's purchasing two of these, that's he's "ecstatic" and its a "dream come true," and then politely suggested a minor change that would actually make it better. How dare he.

I can't believe this post got you guys so fired up. He says he's purchasing two of these, that's he's "ecstatic" and its a "dream come true," and then politely suggested a minor change that would actually make it better. How dare he.

Yeah, way to welcome a new member here..... There was nothing wrong with what he posted. As Khev mentioned, he bought 2!

I never intentionally made fun of him directly, I even went out of my way to explain what to look for. What changes he made. I just said that it didn't make much difference to me or in other words who cares. If you ask me this thread has been very positive.

First off, thank you to those who saw my post for what it was. I appreciate it.

OK then, lets move on to something everyone else's speed.

For all those who obviously eat and crap PF figures for dinner and think the universe big-bangs and deflates on PF figures and will defend them to the point of absolute RUDENESS I say this . .

since your down in your mom's basement, why don't you do her a solid and go change the laundry over from the washing machine to the drier. After all she's washing your Yoda panties for you.

As an artist who works with a perfectionist's standard, I simply saw something right off the bat that bugged me a little bit (and would be extremely easy for the sculptor to fix so was felt worth bringing up).

It's called a PROTOTYPE for a reason, Elitist, 33 I.Q., Grand Poobahs who are only "men" behind their keyboards).

I simply brought up something I would have done correctly myself had this been my sculpt. Nothing fan-boy or movie prop collecting about this.

As for the body and all those claiming the sculptor must have watched this scene and copied that pose blah blah blah . . the sculptor is laughing his ASS off at you! WAKE UP!! It's the T-800 PF body recycled. Arms simply swiveled at different positions and then custom hands and head sculpted. The head is even the same tilt as the newer PF T-800 (walking).

Damn, some of you guys are lost in here.

And yet this is an awesome piece for me and I'm glad I was able to get in on both the Ex and Reg version. BUT it doesn't mean I have to turn a blind eye to some minor improvements that would be very easy to fix before final production.

The difference between people like Nam and myself is long after I'm actually enjoying my Jason Part 3 PF in person basement dwellers like Nam will still be spending their time on this forum waiting to bash the next person who rocks the boat in his PF universe.

First off, thank you to those who saw my post for what it was. I appreciate it.

OK then, lets move on to something everyone else's speed.

For all those who obviously eat and crap PF figures for dinner and think the universe big-bangs and deflates on PF figures and will defend them to the point of absolute RUDENESS I say this . .

since your down in your mom's basement, why don't you do her a solid and go change the laundry over from the washing machine to the drier. After all she's washing your Yoda panties for you.

As an artist who works with a perfectionist's standard, I simply saw something right off the bat that bugged me a little bit (and would be extremely easy for the sculptor to fix so was felt worth bringing up).

It's called a PROTOTYPE for a reason, Elitist, 33 I.Q., Grand Poobahs who are only "men" behind their keyboards).

I simply brought up something I would have done correctly myself had this been my sculpt. Nothing fan-boy or movie prop collecting about this.

As for the body and all those claiming the sculptor must have watched this scene and copied that pose blah blah blah . . the sculptor is laughing his ASS off at you! WAKE UP!! It's the T-800 PF body recycled. Arms simply swiveled at different positions and then custom hands and head sculpted. The head is even the same tilt as the newer PF T-800 (walking).

Damn, some of you guys are lost in here.

And yet this is an awesome piece for me and I'm glad I was able to get in on both the Ex and Reg version. BUT it doesn't mean I have to turn a blind eye to some minor improvements that would be very easy to fix before final production.

The difference between people like Nam and myself is long after I'm actually enjoying my Jason Part 3 PF in person basement dwellers like Nam will still be spending their time on this forum waiting to bash the next person who rocks the boat in his PF universe.

Please post pics of your work....:wave

It's the T-800 PF body recycled. Arms simply swiveled at different positions and then custom hands and head sculpted. The head is even the same tilt as the newer PF T-800 (walking).

Before this devolves into 300 pages of Void and NAM calling each-other names, I need to say whaaaaaaaaa? to the above...

300079press01001.jpg
200088press04001.jpg
200088press08001.jpg

Where the heck are you seeing that?

As for the body and all those claiming the sculptor must have watched this scene and copied that pose blah blah blah . . the sculptor is laughing his ASS off at you! WAKE UP!! It's the T-800 PF body recycled. Arms simply swiveled at different positions and then custom hands and head sculpted.

The head is even the same tilt as the newer PF T-800 (walking).

The T-800 walking is not a PF.

Obviously when I am talking about positioning of hands and head (posture), I am not talking about the non distinctive areas under/covered by the clothing---but actually sculpted things such as neck, head, arms for God's sake. I am aware that the body is little more than a blob of either polystone or polyurethane (whichever they choose to use).

At least I am not complaining about holes. That would be like my complaining because Mike Hill sculpted the Wolfman pf with his upper teeth showing. He never/seldomly showed his upper teeth in the movies gosh dangit--the whole piece is movie inaccurate!

The people here who were whining were talking about awkward hand gestures with the machete, and the sad eyes. Helen Keller could watch the film and see the artist used scenes from the film for his posturing/hand placement/shadow puppet tools, or whatever vocabulary of choice you choose to refer to the actual sculpted parts of the figure.

If the artist of this piece is "laughing his @ss off" at anyone, I would imagine it would be the guys complaining about something as infinitesimal as the holes on the mask---rather than those defending his/her work.:pfft:

Back