Friday the 13th (2009) Movie Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched part 4 last night and it's so much better than this tripe.

I agree parts 1-4 were good films, memorable and nostalgic favorites to most, but there is no reason to compare (2009) Friday to any of the others, this film is in a different league all together.

Its a completely diffrerent era of horror film making.

I agree that it is different but I found all of the sequals to be more enjoyabe than this. At least most of them had at least 1 likeable character. I hated everthing about this movie and wish they had tried to make it more serious.

Michael Bay is all style and absolutely no substance and you can see his input . Remember when there were rumours of Tarantino making a jason film? Now that would be one to watch.

It's a different era, but a remake will always be compared to the original film. In this case Friday the 13: Part 2. And the original is still superior.

I agree that it is different but I found all of the sequals to be more enjoyabe than this. At least most of them had at least 1 likeable character. I hated everthing about this movie and wish they had tried to make it more serious.

Michael Bay is all style and absolutely no substance and you can see his input . Remember when there were rumours of Tarantino making a jason film? Now that would be one to watch.

If you're going to hate the movie, atleast hate the people who actually made it. Bay just produced it. Christ.

And Part 4 is one of the best Friday's. The new one is my third favorite.

If you're going to hate the movie, atleast hate the people who actually made it. Bay just produced it. Christ.

And Part 4 is one of the best Friday's. The new one is my third favorite.

Michael bay is one of the most over-rated and most untalanted film makers in the industry. He didn't direct the movie but I'm willing to bet all I own on the fact that he had more control than the director did.

In terms of direction there was nothing particularly bad about this movie, it was the writing and the acting that was atrocious.

The thought of the same brains behind this doing the Nightmare on elm street re-boot makes me want to throw up.

hmm.... the one thing that i still can't figure out is how he had electricity??? did anyone else get that?? i understand that he could've had some generators, but he had some serious lighting going on in his woods.

hmm.... the one thing that i still can't figure out is how he had electricity??? did anyone else get that?? i understand that he could've had some generators, but he had some serious lighting going on in his woods.

Well,

i'm still trying to figure out how he grew up in the woods all by himself as a deformed mongoloid from a small child all the way up to a very powerful person who actually understood how to set up and use some of his traps and lighting, all the while missing out on the daily nutricious meals which should've consisted of his breakfast lunch and dinner for his entire life....unless he went food shopping at the local Supermarket and bought Milk, Eggs, Cheese, Bread and Olive Oil to cook the Fish which he must've been consuming from Crystal Lake.

That's the part I haven't figured out yet.

It was a camp. Camps run on generators. Multiple ones. The lighting that existed where all from there. Not to mention that much of it indoors were Christmas lights strung up.

Michael bay is one of the most over-rated and most untalanted film makers in the industry. He didn't direct the movie but I'm willing to bet all I own on the fact that he had more control than the director did.

In terms of direction there was nothing particularly bad about this movie, it was the writing and the acting that was atrocious.

The thought of the same brains behind this doing the Nightmare on elm street re-boot makes me want to throw up.

Better Platinum Dunes than Rob Zombie.

Saw it today - it was entertaining, but nothing original. Not that I was expecting that, it's just hard to make a traditional slasher flick original now, they've all been done!

Jason looked great though, the main guy was pretty good, and the 3rd chick had outstanding breasts. Kills were ok, but again, how do you make kills original anymore? Music was great, and I liked when the opening title came in.

Saw it today - it was entertaining, but nothing original. Not that I was expecting that, it's just hard to make a traditional slasher flick original now, they've all been done!

Jason looked great though, the main guy was pretty good, and the 3rd chick had outstanding breasts. Kills were ok, but again, how do you make kills original anymore? Music was great, and I liked when the opening title came in.

Oh, yes indeed. :drool

Well,

i'm still trying to figure out how he grew up in the woods all by himself as a deformed mongoloid from a small child all the way up to a very powerful person who actually understood how to set up and use some of his traps and lighting, all the while missing out on the daily nutricious meals which should've consisted of his breakfast lunch and dinner for his entire life....unless he went food shopping at the local Supermarket and bought Milk, Eggs, Cheese, Bread and Olive Oil to cook the Fish which he must've been consuming from Crystal Lake.

That's the part I haven't figured out yet.

I understand what you're saying, but people are able to adapt in order to survive. It's just a basic animal instinct. Any wild animal has the intelligence for the most part to set traps, hide, attack, in order to get food and survive. I look at it the same way as Jason.

Just got back and I was rather entertained! I found that there was a lot of little nods to classic Jason films. Someone did some homework and I was pleased with the subtle (but obvious too) tributes to the classics. Very pleased with this new installment and an excellent way to restart the franchise! Solid horror film.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Just got back and I was rather entertained! I found that there was a lot of little nods to classic Jason films. Someone did some homework and I was pleased with the subtle (but obvious too) tributes to the classics. Very pleased with this new installment and an excellent way to restart the franchise! Solid horror film.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

I knew you would like it, awesome, i'm glad you liked it. :rock

Back