Friday the 13th (2009) Movie Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday The 13th Remake - 6/10

Decent kills and gore but the humor was awful, they showed Jason way to much, the origin of the hockey mask was lame and overdid the "weed is omg soooo cool and funny" way to much.

It missed what what the first 8 films had.

People can say what they want about Bay but imo he's just amazing at what he's done. Sure he's the "producer" but we all know they influence almost every aspect of a films making.

I will see this film again either today or tommorrow, there were some little (i'm sure under 18) ^^^^heads sitting behind me so I was continuosly distracted.

This film WILL go down as one of my all time favorite horror films, no doubt. I just can't wait to be able to watch it on Blu Ray in surround sound so I can REALLY enjoy this film.

Jason was nothing short of "The Man" yes I also agree Myers looks like a squirt right now. Not only is the "new" Jason menacing and monsterous but he freaking runs FAST! Yes he did run in parts 2-4 but nothing like this one, it was if he was a mad football playing scientist high on Red Bull :lol

I'm glad you guys liked it Morbach and Josh! :rock

People can say what they want about Bay but imo he's just amazing at what he's done. Sure he's the "producer" but we all know they influence almost every aspect of a films making.

I will see this film again either today or tommorrow, there were some little (i'm sure under 18) ^^^^heads sitting behind me so I was continuosly distracted.

This film WILL go down as one of my all time favorite horror films, no doubt. I just can't wait to be able to watch it on Blu Ray in surround sound so I can REALLY enjoy this film.

Jason was nothing short of "The Man" yes I also agree Myers looks like a squirt right now. Not only is the "new" Jason menacing and monsterous but he freaking runs FAST! Yes he did run in parts 2-4 but nothing like this one, it was if he was a mad football playing scientist high on Red Bull :lol

I'm glad you guys liked it Morbach and Josh! :rock

Hell yeah,man. Good to see you liked it too. And I agree, it is at the top of my all-time favorite horror movies list. It comes in 2nd place to the original Halloween. Halloween can never be replaced but things can come in 2nd place and Friday The 13th did it for me.

This would've been the BEST F13 If they would've kept up the vibe of the machete to skull impalement under the dock scene and then raise to show boobs of a dead hot girl for the pervs...like me.

Seriously, that and the arrow were top notch. Great sound effects from the arrow death and the machete to skull under the dock.

And I enjoyed his turn around in the boat.

Good stuff.

But that kind of vibe, if remained for the whole movie simply would've made this a "classic" as some are calling it now. That vibe for me IS what F13 is all about.

I loved the cut away into the sleeping bag, very disturbing....too bad they wimped out....

Don't get me wrong, there are alot of horror fans on here with good taste and what they're saying about this movie being a god send isn't that off...I'm just taking it down a few notches.

Strangers for me was still a better and scarier movie if I could only own one, which thank god isn't the case....we can have it ALL!!! MUAHAhahahaaaaa!!

oh, and Ms (or Mrs) Voorhees Decap SUCKED!

Too fast, to dark and part 1 from 1980 was better executed and that shouldn't been the case...

DVD, please fix

Thank You

What was clasic for me was when the guy stuck in the bear trap looks up at an Incomming Jason and like a friend of mine said,

You can see the look on the dude's face like "I'm done...check please....I'm ^^^^ing dead."

Well done!

Loved this movie. :rock
Loved how they introduced Jason too. The loud thuds his feet made as he ran towards the first guy. :rock

Went at midnight with a friend , I will hopefully go again if I get time. :rock

I loved this movie. I think they did a perfect job. There was just the right amount of dumb 'teenagers', the right amt of humor, and the right amt of gore...

You don't see Jason anymore than any other 13th movie...

:lol My wife had Jason nightmares last night. She woke up laughing about them because they actually startled her awake. Say what you want about the film but it worked as it should, this Jason will definitely be something that this generations kids will be afraid of.

As a Friday film, it was the best since part 4 to me. Jason was brutal and had a pretty smart system in place to keep people out of his domain. The traps, the tunnels... I loved that. In the older movies, Jason just chased you down or walked slowly and somehow ended up in front of you instead of behind you. In this movie it was more plausible that he could move swiftly and sneak up on his victims.

I agree 100%. Jason was fast, that was something you didn't see in the older films. It made him that much more dangerous and that much scarier. Its like the Zombies, slow moving and groaning still cool and scary but George Romero type where they run and are brutal much scarier. I loved the trip wires and bells, the fact he removed the bodies to hide his kills, even the nice Mrs. Voorhees shrine with the candles that were melted almost to the ground. I definitely love this remake and hope the series continues far into the future.

I watched the review on Spill.com and it was mixed, but after reading what you guys think, I will check it out.

I normally agree with those guys, but Carlyle or whatever his name is, was right on the money. Its same ol, same ol....but it works.

One dude on the His Name was Jason dvd described it best. The Friday the 13th series is comfort food. Nothing more.

i try not to go with the reviews ,,because when they say the films crap i have njoyed it lol,,but being a long fan of Jason,i hope they dont mess it up,,,(sounds like they havn't) cant wait to go see it later

'Friday the 13th' kills at box office
New Line remake nabs $19.3 million Friday
By ANTHONY D'ALESSANDRO

Traditionally Friday the 13th is a day of bad luck, but for Warner Bros./New Line it was a day of good fortune.
The distribs' release of the horror reboot "Friday the 13th" scored a boffo $19.3 million from 3,105 theaters - the best domestic opening day ever for an R-rated horror-slasher pic.

Warner Bros./New Line also collected some more coin with last weekend's No. 1 holdover "He's Just Not That Into You." The romantic comedy took second place with $5 million, down 52%, from 3,175 for a running eight-day cume of $40.5 million.

"Friday the 13th" was produced by Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes label which was also behind New Line's 2003 redux of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre." Among the latest string of '70s-'80s horror franchise remakes, "Texas Chainsaw" remains the top grossing one with $80 million at the domestic B.O. Paramount, which handled the original 1980 release, is on board as a co-producer with the 2009 version and is distributing the pic overseas.

By the time final four-day holiday figures are counted on Monday, "Friday the 13th" could post an opening somewhere north of the mid $50 million range, potentially besting the frame's record holder, 2007's "Ghost Rider" which made $52 million. Previous first day champ for an R-rated horror slasher belonged to 2007's "Saw IV" which grossed $14.8 million.

Among theater averages yesterday, "Friday the 13th" also had one of the highest among all pics playing with $6,215.

Yeah, I am definitely seeing it again. And while I missed the camp counselors, they could do the next one about someone trying to reopen the camp. This movie delivered for me, and my expectations were pretty damn high.

I know people are split on it, but that was to be expected. I'm sure the ratings board and the studio hacked it to death, like they do ALL Friday movies... So it will be interesting to see the other cut, I'm sure there are changes... like the sleeping bag bit. All in all, even today the thrill hasn't melted away... I loved this movie. :rock

I think if we are to accept the mythology of this New Friday movie than anyone trying to open the camp would be stupid. It was clear that the town knows Jason is there and they just stayout of his home. The old lady said as much to Clay and the towtruck driver really didn't seem to surprised to see Jason. He just got the hell out of there!

All in all I totally enjoyed it and I am looking forward to checking it out once more in the theater and then the DVD when it comes out.

I think if we are to accept the mythology of this New Friday movie than anyone trying to open the camp would be stupid. It was clear that the town knows Jason is there and they just stayout of his home. The old lady said as much to Clay and the towtruck driver really didn't seem to surprised to see Jason. He just got the hell out of there!

All in all I totally enjoyed it and I am looking forward to checking it out once more in the theater and then the DVD when it comes out.

I agree that I don't think any townies would be dumb enough to build it, but what I mean are outsiders. This happened in the original film too, the townies told him that it was insane... that the camp had a death curse. He ignored it, chalked it up to pure superstition.. and he and all of his counselors were killed brutally for it.

I think that it wouldn't be a far stretch to have some outside party attempting to capitalize on the empty lakefront for a camp. Only to have Jason crash the party, making for a very old school feeling film. But really, I am happy with whatever they do from here, barring putting him into space. :lol

any one noticed that the old man in the tow truck was "old monty" from the texas chainsaw massacre remake" i noticed it right away

Back