Freaking Fed Ex! I want my Obi-Wan!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't say I have much love for Fedex I offered their service on the site for about a month and they lost my business forever when they didn't come for my scheduled pick up for 4 days in row.

Whenever I've been home and FedEx has delivered something, they don't usually come until later on. Today they tried to deliver Obi at 10:40 AM?!? Maybe they've got a new driver on my route, I just check and the 12" Luke was delivered at 11 also. Now I've gotta call them and tell them not to come until much later. But I'm afraid if I call them on it, it will get re-routed Canada or something.

I've had the same issue as everyone else. I work for a living and the FedEx driver comes at various times during the day. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal because I would call in and have the package held there at the facility that is just across town and I would go get it. But for some reason, anything I've ordered from Sideshow comes via FedEx Home Delivery and that facility is over an hour's drive away from me. So it's pretty stupid to have me drive an hour each way to pick up my package.

Personally, I think Sideshow needs to add a field in their customer database for "preferred delivery" days or times. I happen to be home every Friday so setting my packages to be held until Fridays would be great for me. I know it is possible to have FedEx deliver on specific dates so it would be nice if Sideshow offered that option to us.

Congrats on Ben's arrival, KitFisto!

As for Fed Ex, my Exclusive Luke was delivered "2' houses down... Luckily that neighbor brought the box over to my "next-door" neighbor asking if they knew who I was and she said yes and promptly brought it over to me. Geez...

I've already updated all of my pending pre-orders at SS with my office address. Hopefully their shouldn't be anymore problems.

My regular edition came yesterday. I called them the day before and told them not to come until 5 or so since no one will be home earlier. They left it with the neighbor at 2.

Crash - I believe there is a special instructions box when ordering, you might be able to specify Friday delivery there. My mom works from home Fridays, so I'm gonna do the same from now.

I just received my Obi! First good guy ever for me, but I am so glad I ordered him. Great job SS!!!!

ss_statue_obiwan3.jpg

ss_statue_obiwan1.jpg

ss_statue_obiwan2.jpg

Congrats Orlando! I got mine too:

My PF Ben

For some reason only a couple pics came out, but I'll try and post more soon. :)

I think it was Mini-Rock's display that inspired me to seek out the Code 3 ships. I have a similar display with the weapon, ship and PF for Han and working on Darth.

I don't know if I should feel good about helping you spend more money Dave. ;)

Back