Frankenstein bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That bust looks fantastic!! It was one of 5 pieces that Sideshow has announced that I'm definately looking into...

The portrait looks good, especially in the right and right three-quarter views, but I have a few concerns about the bust as a whole.

As it is now, the bust is barely as wide as the clavicle; Karloff wore a lot of padding under his jacket to bulk-up his narrow frame, and, IMHO, extending the sculpt out to the acromion (the top part of the shoulder), as on the Dracula bust, would make the piece more accurate and give it more presence. As a comparison, the shoulders on the Ardeth Bey bust appear to be about as narrow as the Monster's, but, it's in line with the physical characteristics of the character.

Extending the shoulders out would also give the lapels of his jacket something to rest on; From the pictures, they appear to be wider than the the shoulders, flapping in the breeze.

Anyway, I'll be ordering one on Tuesday, and, in the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures from the show floor!

bof2.jpg

FrankenFan said:
The portrait looks good, especially in the right and right three-quarter views, but I have a few concerns about the bust as a whole.

As it is now, the bust is barely as wide as the clavicle; Karloff wore a lot of padding under his jacket to bulk-up his narrow frame, and, IMHO, extending the sculpt out to the acromion (the top part of the shoulder), as on the Dracula bust, would make the piece more accurate and give it more presence. As a comparison, the shoulders on the Ardeth Bey bust appear to be about as narrow as the Monster's, but, it's in line with the physical characteristics of the character.

Extending the shoulders out would also give the lapels of his jacket something to rest on; From the pictures, they appear to be wider than the the shoulders, flapping in the breeze.

Anyway, I'll be ordering one on Tuesday, and, in the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures from the show floor!

I totally agree! The lapels look really weird, sticking out like that! I would rather they cut them off to match the bust line than to stick out. Also, it looks really top heavy in the QTVR; I hope the balance is good...

I love it, I am going to wait for the uber-rare ES of 15 though.

I should to be safe order one of the regular too I guess. :cool:

lcummins said:
I totally agree! The lapels look really weird, sticking out like that! I would rather they cut them off to match the bust line than to stick out. Also, it looks really top heavy in the QTVR; I hope the balance is good...

Yes. Its excellent...but the flying nun like lapels will be altered if SSC doesn't do it before production.:D

EVILFACE said:
Best bust ever.

You said it, Evilface! I don't own any busts of any kind, but, I said to myself a long time ago if Sideshow ever produced a life-size bust of the one and only Frankenstein's Monster I would get it. And I will!

Thank you, Sideshow!

It's really getting hard not to re-order the Bride. It would be alot easier if I already had Frankie's PF (in color).

Good job on the QTVR-turned-GIF, Robodad!

Back