Forbidden Planet London Gentle Giant Exclusive Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you stand in line when they did Bly? I did and it took me 2 hours to get that freaking thing in the summer without a freaking drink and 2 frenchmen behind me chatting away in there crazy lingo.

This is going to be in October, its going to be dark, cold, standing inline in stabbie happy London. Aint no way im doing that, what i am going to do is on Friday in my house on the computer get myself an exlcusive Vader and Stormie from the world best collectaible company.

Oh yes, that was the point of the event? To prepare us for CE...

I'm going for this one, plenty of people around and I like the look of it...

It took me about 30 minutes to get to the front when they opened the doors...

What the hell. I was pretty much get just troopers and f the rest but damm every other trooper is an exclusive.

I have to figure out to get this to go with my ROTS Clones. Gonna need some help.

I was thinking that but maybe its just time to get rid of those I have so I will no longer have any desire to find these.

It's been such a relief...

I missed one of the commanders and was ok, but thought they can't keep doing EX troopers. What was I thinking, this is Exclusive Giant :banghead

Plus they have the SWS exclusive bust trooper coming very soon too.

I just have to think about the time spent with GG employees vs. Sideshow employees at this year's SDCC and ask myself which company I would rather support.

No brainer.

So Tom, what was the deal with GG not giving you the items you prepaid for after standing in line?

Who knows what they were thinking?

There were two lines and I was eventually in both, sent to the second (after a half hour wait) by a clueless GG rep. The new rep in line two then told me to leave because he wasn't in charge of prepaid orders. No amount of discussion could get me anywhere, so I just came back an hour or two later when a new guy was there and waited (in an admittedly shorter line) to get my stuff with no problems.

But the SS booth was such a contrast after visiting the GG booth that it wasn't even funny.

I was thinking that but maybe its just time to get rid of those I have so I will no longer have any desire to find these.

I'm starting to feel the same way.

I still haven't scored a Bly, and even if someone across the pond was willing to hook me up with the galactic marine for cost, I am still going to end up paying double retail due to the lousy exchange rate. Not to mention shipping costs. I actually rejoined Hyperspace for $14 to hopefully get a better shot at the airborne clone bust. If I miss that one I am out for good.

The one good thing about GG this year was that the SDCC exclusive Anakin looked like utter horse s*h*i*t*e. Again, what a great choice for an exclusive, ROTS Anakin. I've got the PF on order from Sideshow anyway (yay for a real company that actually gives a damn about its customers!) which will look tenfold better. Who is the frakkin retard that makes these exclusives decisions? I'd really like to get a hold of him or her and just smack the crap out of them.

end rant:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Did any freaks go down there and get one? Just curious to any stories.

It was much quieter than last time and the edition sizes on the FB website are wrong.
Galactic Marine: 3000 piece.
Boba: 1000
Coruscant Guard: I think was a 1000.

Sorry for the poor pic.

marine.jpg

Mine is on display in my room with my other two busts...last year's Commander Bly and a regular ROTS Clone...

Back