For Those Who Collect A Lot Of Premium Format Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep them in rooms in the house. I have owned around 150 pieces and have just sold most of them thru the years. Not sure how I would have ship many pieces
without boxes. Can't imagine how would have shipped my Master Replicas Falcon At-At without those boxes.

If you really love the pieces and highly doubt you'll want to sell them, then bin the boxes. Get rid of them. Just more clutter. I only collect 1/4 scale pieces now I genuinely love, from franchises I genuinely love, so it makes things a lot easier if you have less. I bought the Nightmare on Elm Street Freddy PF for $150 from a guy without the box, so there are buyers, just be prepared to sell them for quite a bit less if you ever want or need to let some go.

Yeah I doubt I would ever actually sell them, if anything I could see myself giving one to a friend or family member. But I can honestly say that if I was to sell anything in my collection my PFs would be the absolute last thing on my list. And while I do agree that at the end of the day the artboxes are just clutter I still feel uneasy about tossing them away, but I also don't see the point in getting a storage unit just for empty boxes lol

never say never. getting rid of the boxes is like throwing money in the trash.

even if you never have to sell, you may have to move one day and trying to pack a statue without the styro is just asking for it to break.

even if you never have to sell, you may have to move one day and trying to pack a statue without the styro is just asking for it to break.

Pretty much. I don't want to or plan on selling my stuff, but who knows hard times could come, could have to move em, etc.

Eventually you will come at a time that your collecting taste will change and will probably sell a lot of stuff.So keep the boxes.

/End Thread.

Bottom line: Don't do it.

I threw out my statue boxes and have had little remorse, sure I've lost some money but to me it was worth it to get all that space back.

What I can do is work some more to make up for that lost money and sometimes it's easier to work then the hassle of selling this stuff.

When I do sell someone is going to get a good deal locally,

If I ever move sure it will be a hassle but I'll figure it out, moving sucks regardless

Also I was able to recycle the styrofoam and cardboard at a local recycling depot.

I built a cat house out of mine. win-win

cathouse.jpg

Thankfully, I never had a ceiling to cover the rafters in the garage. I just re-organized all my boxes (with art box inside) recently and placed them in the rafters. I figured to have space for maybe 3 more.

This is really dependent on how big these bases are getting on these statues.:lol

This will probably be my next building project in the garage:
Garage storage.jpg

Back