First Order Troopers shoe melting/deteoirating

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrankbaitJon

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does any one have issues with the bottom of the shoes of the FO Stormtroopers/FlameTroopers melting/deteriorating? They would leave footprints on their stand and were slightly "stuck" on the stand when I try to move them off the stand. This is especially obvious with the glossy stands of the TFA figures.

I can’t say I’ve had the problem you’re describing. However I wonder if your display case is being lit with halogen bulbs as opposed to LED. Halogen bulbs tend to get warm/ hot and maybe are causing an issue?

Some old SSC figures like Praji tend to have their boots stuck to the base. Maybe it is the plastic deteriorating.

I have LEDs but the room tends to warm up in the summer afternoons. I might have to move the display cabinets if the heat is the issue. I think it can go to 30c/85f for a few hours a day during the summer.

Not really but some of the old clones have done this but it could have been due to not moving them for a long time. They weren't melting on the stands though.

Does any one have issues with the bottom of the shoes of the FO Stormtroopers/FlameTroopers melting/deteriorating? They would leave footprints on their stand and were slightly "stuck" on the stand when I try to move them off the stand. This is especially obvious with the glossy stands of the TFA figures.

Maybe put window tinting on the window If the room has one. Cuts down heat and UV rays. I use it on the window in the room I keep my figures in. It’s from a firm called Gila. They have different varieties. Do some research. Really easy to apply

It’s not the figure, it’s the stands. I forget who mentioned it in their video recently, but I was watching some trooper reviews and they brought that up. The acrylic in their respective stands causes some kind of reaction. Poor design on Hot Toys’ part.

It’s not the figure, it’s the stands. I forget who mentioned it in their video recently, but I was watching some trooper reviews and they brought that up. The acrylic in their respective stands causes some kind of reaction. Poor design on Hot Toys’ part.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Yes, I have figures older than these like the original Stormtrooper and their shoes aren't melting so I think it's the stand thats causing the issue.

I think that’s why they aren’t used anymore? Actually, I only have Jedi outfit Rey from TLJ, so I’m not entirely sure if they ditched those stands.

It seems to actually be more the stands...the shiny coating marks and scuffs even from contact...

Most of my FO troopers have left very faint paint/material transfer on the bases, but they're not deteriorating.

I'm pretty sure it's whatever the acrylic/plastic material the clear topper on the base is made of that causes a bit of transfer to happen.

It's probably why the new bases of the same style don't come with that clear topper anymore, like the Infinity War figures.

I can’t say I’ve heard anyone mention that before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back