First GI Joe live-action movie toy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rockets don't recoil much. The back end of the tubes is open to allow for the rockets' firing.

Edit - And it seems pretty clear to me that the rockets were not added. They were just moved forward and enlarged considerably. I think some of you all are trying very hard to hate this movie license. Some of you guys are starting to sound like "Star Wars fanboy whiners".:D

Hmmmm...now that I think about it, don't at least one of you regularly rib those guys?:)

All signs point to this being a fairly bad film. If I'm wrong, fine, but I don't think one should jump to the conclusion and call someone a "fanboy" just because they recognize a bad movie when they see one.

I'll wait until I see the movie for final judgment, but I'd rather be pessimistic and be pleasantly surprised, because everything I've heard so far doesn't fill me with optimism.

I've got to agree that the film is going to stink.

Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow boyhood friends. Duke and Baroness almost married. Scarlett and Ripcord have a relationship. The costumes make it look like they raided Batman's wardrobe, and Storm Shadow looks like he's going to the prom....with a pistol.

I definitely feel Hasbro and Larry Hama sold out the fans for a few bucks.

John

All signs point to this being a fairly bad film. If I'm wrong, fine, but I don't think one should jump to the conclusion and call someone a "fanboy" just because they recognize a bad movie when they see one.

I'll wait until I see the movie for final judgment, but I'd rather be pessimistic and be pleasantly surprised, because everything I've heard so far doesn't fill me with optimism.

Did you inturpret my post as calling someone a fanboy? If you did, I mis-punctuated it. My bad.

GI JOE needs to stay true to GI JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO, otherwise FAIL!
I will give the movie a chance and hope it doesn't make me cry!!!

Last edited:
I am going to see and alternate universe "G I joe" not what I expect when I pick up a comic (marvel or ddp) or an action figure.

Give it a chance, don't have high hopes, and you may enjoy it better, I know I will.

I am going to see and alternate universe "G I joe" not what I expect when I pick up a comic (marvel or ddp) or an action figure.

Give it a chance, don't have high hopes, and you may enjoy it better, I know I will.

Exactly...expand you horizons, everyone! Go with the flow and enjoy the ride. Choose your euphamism, but give the movie a chance!

Looking back on this thread...you guys are bashing a toy, that looks NO different from the other crap Hasbro did. Seriously, they all look the same. Lasers/rockets flying everywhere...they're the same.

Looking back on this thread...you guys are bashing a toy, that looks NO different from the other crap Hasbro did. Seriously, they all look the same. Lasers/rockets flying everywhere...they're the same.

Then you didn't play with the original Joes because none of the early vehicles had giant spring loaded firing missile launchers.
Back then you had to use your imagination.

Then you didn't play with the original Joes because none of the early vehicles had giant spring loaded firing missile launchers.
Back then you had to use your imagination.

But all of the toy manufacturers know that humans have evolved beyond imagination, now.

Back