Media Final Fantasy 7 Remake!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No real reason to change the core gameplay. They should throw the fusion swords as an extra, and AC outfits. Make Sephiroth a unloackable character to the party, along with Zack.

That figures, I don't mind it either. Just keep the core of the game the same. I'm sure they'll add a lot, like side quests, new areas. I'm sure the world map will have entire new towns.

That's what I'm expecting. Some new materia, side quests, boss fights, etc.

You guys play the FFXV demo? Loved it, I don't mind that battle system at all if they go with that.

No real reason to change the core gameplay. They should throw the fusion swords as an extra, and AC outfits. Make Sephiroth a unloackable character to the party, along with Zack.

nah i personaly hope they change the gameplay to be like action real time combat otherwise there is just no reason to remake it with higher graphics, if it was real time combat they could even make it a multiplayer, with the new systems why not? they might as well put this game on ps1 or xbox if its 1 player turn base IMHO.

Has anyone actually played VII today?

I mean I've beaten the game 3 times. But I am going to be really tired of the same old **** if they just gave the game a facelift and that's it. I'm glad they're not doing that and doing an actual REMAKE. Otherwise it would be torn to pieces by critics.

I mean I've beaten the game 3 times. But I am going to be really tired of the same old **** if they just gave the game a facelift and that's it. I'm glad they're not doing that and doing an actual REMAKE. Otherwise it would be torn to pieces by critics.

I think most people want it as close to original as possible with updated graphics. I'm ok with some changes as long as it's fun and still has all the nuances that made the original so great. The side quests, mini games, and small comedic gestures. I hope they get this right. Plzzzz

I think most people want it as close to original as possible with updated graphics. I'm ok with some changes as long as it's fun and still has all the nuances that made the original so great. The side quests, mini games, and small comedic gestures. I hope they get this right. Plzzzz
they didnt need to wait for a ps4 or xbox one if they were just going to make it turn base and not real time combat as the newer games in the final fantasy series. i mean only reason turn based was ok for the earlier games was due to them not being able to do a long enough in a action combat based game (beat'em style) but the tech is here and its been great with the other newer games why kill that , or they can make it a clone to the orginal just with updated graphics and what sell it for $30?

I haven't played any Final Fantasy games since they ditched turn-based combat. If they toss it out here, I'll skip this too.
As much as I enjoyed 7, I like 4, 5, 6, and 8 BETTER.

I haven't played any Final Fantasy games since they ditched turn-based combat. If they toss it out here, I'll skip this too.

stopped at 8? but final fantasy made it up to now like 14? without you playing it, i say thats pretty good, i just dont see why people would pay more money for gameplay they can get for lik $10 or free, i mean i could understand if it wasnt on the new consoles but it is so it should blow our minds with new style of gaming not turn base gameplay. but then again im sure if they stayed with turn based the series would of died along time ago.

I will only get this if its old school turn based too. I hated all of the new FF because they don't feel like FF to me at all.

nah i personaly hope they change the gameplay to be like action real time combat otherwise there is just no reason to remake it with higher graphics, if it was real time combat they could even make it a multiplayer, with the new systems why not? they might as well put this game on ps1 or xbox if its 1 player turn base IMHO.

NOOOOOOOO leave turn based combat alone!

It won't be the same. I'm sure there will be plenty of new additions to it and entire new areas to explore.

The new fully orchestrated score is going to be incredible...

lUhMH21.gif

It's been said numerous times that you can't just 'HD remaster' a PS1 game, they would need to be completely remade from the ground up, so to me that's what they mean by a remake. Not what is being proposed by some. I genuinely believe if FF7 was developed for the PS2 then we would only be getting a HD remaster.

Of course they'll add a few little bits... But it shouldn't be anything that undermines or drastically changes how the original feels and plays.

Look at how the REmake took the core of RE1 and made it soooo much better. Did they remake the entire game so it was basically RE1 skins and story for a totally different game fundamentally? No because they didn't have to nor is it what the were trying to achieve. This is the treatment FF7 needs.

I've recently played FF7, I then played the FF10 remaster and I just last week finished 12 and much prefer 10 battle system to 12 where they first dropped the turn based system.

Last edited:
REmake is a great point to bring up. It surpassed the original in every conceivable way and is undoubtedly the greatest gaming remake ever done. FF7 remake could be earth shattering.

Just give me an world i can explore and not those menu based navigations and ill be happy... heheh!

Back