Fedex Shipping issue/RANT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spartan031792

Super Freak
Reaction score
So lately, when I drop off my statues at Fedex, The employees ask me 21 questions. Most of the questions are protocol questions like "Are there batteries?" Or "Animals?" "What is it?"
I usually dont mind answering, but since they never did this before so its strange to me. Also USPS doesnt do this, neither does UPS.
What really caught me by surprise was when I was in line to drop off my package and they denied the guys package who was in front of me. They told him that they can't accept the package because of the boxes condition. To me the box looked completely fine. Sure the box had normal wear and tear, and it looked like it was already used a couple times. But it wasnt falling apart or anyting like that, due to the fact that the guy had taped the whole box with scotch tape.

Now today, I went to go drop off my Shaak Ti Premium Format, and when i got to the counter the lady said, "This is a retail box. I'll take it this time but next time make sure it has a stamp/barcode."
I just looked at her like wtf are you talking about. The Shaak Ti was packaged in the brown shipper that sideshow sends us and the brown shipper was in like new condition.

Im just curious if anyone knows what the hell she is talking about? My guess is that the stamp/barcode signifies that the box has passed a certain requirement to hold a certain weight or something. Whats the point of using you're own box if they won't accept it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So lately, when I drop off my statues at Fedex, The employees ask me 21 questions. Most of the questions are protocol questions like "Are there batteries?" Or "Animals?" "What is it?"
I usually dont mind answering, but since they never did this before so its strange to me. Also USPS doesnt do this, neither does UPS.
What really caught me by surprise was when I was in line to drop off my package and they denied the guys package who was in front of me. They told him that they can't accept the package because of the boxes condition. To me the box looked completely fine. Sure the box had normal wear and tear, and it looked like it was already used a couple times. But it wasnt falling apart or anyting like that, due to the fact that the guy had taped the whole box with scotch tape.

Now today, I went to go drop off my Shaak Ti Premium Format, and when i got to the counter the lady said, "This is a retail box. I'll take it this time but next time make sure it has a stamp/barcode."
I just looked at her like wtf are you talking about. The Shaak Ti was packaged in the brown shipper that sideshow sends us and the brown shipper was in like new condition.

Im just curious if anyone knows what the hell she is talking about? My guess is that the stamp/barcode signifies that the box has passed a certain requirement to hold a certain weight or something. Whats the point of using you're own box if they won't accept it.

:lol I LOL'd at that bold part.

In all seriousness though, that's NEVER happened to me. That makes no sense, IMO. If the box 'passed the test' the first time when it got shipped, why should there be any question? I have no idea what they were getting at with the bar code/stamp.

:lol I LOL'd at that bold part.

In all seriousness though, that's NEVER happened to me. That makes no sense, IMO. If the box 'passed the test' the first time when it got shipped, why should there be any question? I have no idea what they were getting at with the bar code/stamp.

She pointed at this on one of ther other boxes she had

58bff4e86cddd14780c7a5d9cf9f881c.jpg

I get boxes all the time without those, both large and small. I've seen those before though, but have no idea their significance.

Whats funny is that sideshow uses fedex. I wonder if they get that same deal as me.

Insurance claim investigators may ask to see the box certification label, they can refuse coverage if you don't use an approved minimum spec. That and boxes decay with use. They may be cracking down on reusing old shipper boxes(plus they can deny you insurance if it says contents on the box) I always try to add a new fresh layer of cardboard on the inside of my statue shippers and cover the name with stickers the buyer can just peel off when it arrives.

Insurance claim investigators may ask to see the box certification label, they can refuse coverage if you don't use an approved minimum spec. That and boxes decay with use. They may be cracking down on reusing old shipper boxes(plus they can deny you insurance if it says contents on the box) I always try to add a new fresh layer of cardboard on the inside of my statue shippers and cover the name with stickers the buyer can just peel off when it arrives.

Im sorry but thats stupid. If i send something and dont insure, i should be able to use whatever box i want. Now if i did insure it then i see your point. The box has to be able to withstand transportation. But to deny a package because of a label is stupid.

Im sorry but thats stupid. If i send something and dont insure, i should be able to use whatever box i want. Now if i did insure it then i see your point. The box has to be able to withstand transportation. But to deny a package because of a label is stupid.

Everything sent FedEx/UPS is insured unless you are a business contract customer and/or waive the insurance.

Back