Fallout: New Vegas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up the game yesterday - didn't play much but looking forward to digging in. :)

Anyone got any tips on how to kill those invisible super mutants in the basement of the rocket factory?

Come on Flo....of course you do...didn't you play the first one?!?!

:chew

I've played every version... And I will get it, just maybe not right at this moment. I'm all too aware of how much time this is going to take up and life has just been ape ____ crazy as of late :panic:.

Honestly though, reading this thread kills me... Invisible Super Mutants??? ZOMG!!!!!!!!

Despite all the bad reviews I've read from people about bugs and what not, I enjoyed fallout 3 way too much to be passing this one up. People are stating its just as bad as fallout 3 and I've never even had a problem with that one :?

And this is a little embarrassing but, anyone know of sites that are similar to direct2download? I normally get my games from there but, I got fallout 3 from another site and I forgot which one it was.

See the thing and fallout with me is , i expected an Oblivion with Guns , but it wasn't.
I spent 160 hours on Oblivion without even entering SHIVERING Isles.
I did like fallout 3 but found it very Bland , and fallout new vegas just looks exactly the same as fallout 3 , i know it is suposed to be post Apocolyptic but the greyness of it all just bored me realy quick.

Jay

I've played every version... And I will get it, just maybe not right at this moment. I'm all too aware of how much time this is going to take up and life has just been ape ____ crazy as of late :panic:.

Honestly though, reading this thread kills me... Invisible Super Mutants??? ZOMG!!!!!!!!

I'm with you on the time thing, haven't even busted my T-1000 out of his packaging prison yet!

I like to buy the games I'm interested in, beat them pretty fast, and then sell them to get the majority of my funds back. It's how I keep funds available for more games. Eventually had to just realize I won't be beating this one quick and move on.

Like I said earlier in a post though, TRU is giving a $10 GC and a FULL Prima strategy guide with purchase this week. Awesome deal and made me jump on getting it now instead of later.

See the thing and fallout with me is , i expected an Oblivion with Guns , but it wasn't.
I spent 160 hours on Oblivion without even entering SHIVERING Isles.
I did like fallout 3 but found it very Bland , and fallout new vegas just looks exactly the same as fallout 3 , i know it is suposed to be post Apocolyptic but the greyness of it all just bored me realy quick.

Jay

I also believe that Oblivion was far superior than Fallout. When I played that game I felt like I was a part of that world. Fallout feels more like a game if that makes sense. There was something really magical about Oblivion. I wish they would make another one!

That said I bought New Vegas. Haven't played for too long but I'm enjoying it.

I also believe that Oblivion was far superior than Fallout. When I played that game I felt like I was a part of that world. Fallout feels more like a game if that makes sense. There was something really magical about Oblivion. I wish they would make another one!

That said I bought New Vegas. Haven't played for too long but I'm enjoying it.

:goodpost:
Yup, Oblivion was something special.
I enjoyed buying the different homes and getting all the furnishings.
If they ever make an interior decorating game Im in trouble :lol
Oblivion was just massive and that sky in Shivering Isles was Holeee...:thud:
Im sure Bethesda is working on the next Elder Scrolls but its probably going to be on the next console.

I've just heard that like fallout 3 if you finish the last mission it doesn't let you carry on. :gah: Why would they do that again ?.

I have both Morrowind and Oblivion and have to say I never made it through 1 hour of the game. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to playing them again. I notice with these type of games - they start off kind of slow and if I get bored, I move on to something else :lol (I'm so used to fast paced action games)....but if I do stick with it - things pick up and get more exciting. That's what happened during Fallout3. Things are starting to pick up a bit with this game. Just saved that sheriff that was incarcerated and now I'm working my way to get more info on the guys who shot me.

I've just heard that like fallout 3 if you finish the last mission it doesn't let you carry on. :gah: Why would they do that again ?.

So they can release some DLC that will unlock that.

I have both Morrowind and Oblivion and have to say I never made it through 1 hour of the game. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to playing them again. I notice with these type of games - they start off kind of slow and if I get bored, I move on to something else :lol (I'm so used to fast paced action games)....but if I do stick with it - things pick up and get more exciting. That's what happened during Fallout3. Things are starting to pick up a bit with this game. Just saved that sheriff that was incarcerated and now I'm working my way to get more info on the guys who shot me.

Yea that is the same way with Morrowind and Oblivion. Although I think Oblivion starts out a little faster than Morrowind. Morrowind was just a much harder game, a lot more mysterious and the theme was A LOT darker. Discovering something in Oblivion that is rare or unknown was a lot easier and not as cool in Oblivion as it was in Morrowind.

Back