Fake Thundercats trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And besides, the thing is, if someone said "TDK IS A HORRID MOVIE!" I'd disagree, but it is his opinion....and so what? Its not a personal attack....its not like I said "EVERY WHO LIKES THUNDERCATS IS A MOROON!" which I dont think anyway....but that doesnt mean I have to like it.

:lol:rotfl:lol

We talking about the Moria Orc again?

ATTN Everyone.
I apologise for appering a bit trollish, and mean in this thread. Just lettin the anger pass on into the forums, which it shouldnt. So I am sorry. Merry Christmas, and all that. :peace

Sadly, most of the fans of these cartoons are now of an age where they can produce/make films; and we get Speed Racer greenlit. :sick

Ain't that the truth. I didn't watch the SR movie because it looked awful to me but I loved the cartoon.

A Thundercats movie done right is so in the realm of possibilities that I'm sure one of us 80's kids that's in the biz will do it. It's no more far fetched than a lot of what's being done already.

It's all about story and context. If you take Thundercats characters and put them into an epic story of LOTR quality, it wouldn't matter what the characters are. No one will give a ^^^^ about them being cats if they're delivering engaging performances.

The key is that if someone decides to make a movie, they are hopefully committed to investing a lot of time and work into it. Not having the thought hit them summer 2009 and releasing summer 2010, that has fail written all over it.

It's all about story and context. If you take Thundercats characters and put them into an epic story of LOTR quality, it wouldn't matter what the characters are. No one will give a ^^^^ about them being cats if they're delivering engaging performances.

The key is that if someone decides to make a movie, they are hopefully committed to investing a lot of time and work into it. Not having the thought hit them summer 2009 and releasing summer 2010, that has fail written all over it.

I agree. But to make it quality it may end up bearing little to no resemblance to its cartoon self.

I don't know, Thundercats just seems like He-Man with 'furries', even down to the villian (both Mumm-Ra and Skeletor are based on popular undead archetypes). And the Thundercats themselves don't look as interesting as the He-Man characters, which have the potential for a pretty amazing sci-fi/fantasy mix. I dunno, I just think a liveaction movie of Thundercats would be pointless and only for the eighties kids that grew up on it.

Come on people! With the technology and talented artists out there, They could transform Thunder Cats onto the Big screen in style. Look at x-men. It didn't look comical. I think it could be done- if all the haters could just see the vision. :D

X-Men already had pretty mature elements (like the extreme 'racism' from both sides) and they severely changed the costumes. I honestly don't see what they could do with the Thundercats to make them look more interesting without having the fanboys ^^^^^.

Thats right man! Celtic can't appreciate it cause he's too young.

I didn't grow up on He-Man but I think that's cool and has a lot of potential.:lol

I badly want Thunderhawk and Matt Tracker again, but they cost big $$$ mint on eBay.

Did you see that new GI Joe figure of Matt Tracker? No Thunderhawk though. :(

And ^^^^ yes, MASK, now THERE'S a lot of potential for a kickass movie. :rock

alien shape shifting good and evil robots fighting for control of a cube that gives life to machines is a stupid stupid stupid story no matter how cool the special effects, explosions or robot designs are.

Pretty much.

And damn guys, leave CelticP alone already.:horror

I agree. But to make it quality it may end up bearing little to no resemblance to its cartoon self.

X-Men is visually very departed from the cartoons but it worked. Like I've said, you can go right or wrong with a material like this, but if done right, even a departure will win fans to come see it, and new audiences that don't know the cartoon can just learn a new Thundercats.

What's this about now?:confused:

MattTrakker.jpg

That's wierd. Almost looks like a custom. I don't think it really has anything to do with M.A.S.K. though. Trakker appears to be a code name and not "Matt Trakker".

That's wierd. Almost looks like a custom. I don't think it really has anything to do with M.A.S.K. though. Trakker appears to be a code name and not "Matt Trakker".

It is a real figure (Joe fans are even complaining that it took the place of a ' real' Joe), the bio even incorporates how MASK is a freelance organization working together with the Joes while Venom is a branchoff from Cobra. This is just a one time homage, though, just something fun Hasbro wanted to do. :(

It is a real figure (Joe fans are even complaining that it took the place of a ' real' Joe), the bio even incorporates how MASK is a freelance organization working together with the Joes while Venom is a branchoff from Cobra. This is just a one time homage, though, just something fun Hasbro wanted to do. :(

That's interesting. I wish they'd do a larger scale Matt with Thunderhawk set that was true to the original. I'd love to have a working, more detailed version.

Back