Ever wonder what HT's V1 Robocop looks like?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swo77

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, here he is. They even molded the bullet wound scar. I removed the helmet as it needs to be repainted (the dreaded stuck paint on the sides). It was pretty easy, you just grab the front of his visor and lift upward/back as you pull the jaw down. There is a peg on the top of his helmet that is inserted into the top of the head and secured with a dab of glue. Note, if you remove the helmet you will remove some black paint from the top of his head. The head mold isn't refined and it has some sloppy mold lines in the rubber, but if you wanted to display his helmet off with this face you would need to do some serious modifications anyway.

Looks more like Weller than the flight pack head. The flight pack head is just weird.

IMG_3861.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

IMG_3865.jpg

There is actually a thread with details about the helmet coming off somewhere on here.

There is actually a thread with details about the helmet coming off somewhere on here.

Hmmm, well now there are two:lol

Had to take it off anyway. Disregard if you have seen it.

Here's a pic of the FLIGHT PACK version. Looks the same to me::dunno

There are some subtle differences, especially in the nose area (more rounded on the Flight Pack version). Not saying V1 is a dead ringer for Weller, for sure, but I think they tweaked the likeness for the Flight Pack version.

Then again, I don't have a Flight Pack version in hand, so I am comparing to photos.

There are some subtle differences, especially in the nose area (more rounded on the Flight Pack version). Not saying V1 is a dead ringer for Weller, for sure, but I think they tweaked the likeness for the Flight Pack version.

Then again, I don't have a Flight Pack version in hand, so I am comparing to photos.

Are you going to touch yours up and display it without the helmet? If so would like to see it when your done.:D

Good point:lol

Thank you. It was played by some dude name Robert John Burke. He was the guy that played the fat guy in Thinner...if anyone remembers that movie. :D

It looks like in 1995 there was supposed to be a Robocop Vs. Terminator movie where Burke would have reprised his role as Robo but they could't find a director for it so the project got canned.

Sucks. It would have been fun to watch that.

Thank you. It was played by some dude name Robert John Burke. He was the guy that played the fat guy in Thinner...if anyone remembers that movie. :D

It looks like in 1995 there was supposed to be a Robocop Vs. Terminator movie where Burke would have reprised his role as Robo but they could't find a director for it so the project got canned.

Sucks. It would have been fun to watch that.

if they'd have based it on frank miller's comic book it could have been awesome. but no doubt some douchy director would have killed it, like AVP.

Are you going to touch yours up and display it without the helmet? If so would like to see it when your done.:D

No, I don't feel like trying to make the back of his rubber head look screen accurate when the sculpt is so sub-par.

He looks good with the helmet on, though.

Holy drok, dude. That looks great - neck and all!! Do you think you'll make a few of these for others who might want one? I'd be interested t0 ee more.

Unfortunately, that head started as a model kit made by Huia, so I can't just do more without that head. You might find a recast of it on eBay, but if it's cast in vinyl it will come out too small for this figure. I did do a lot of customizing of the head detail, and I had to scratch build the neck and area inside the collar. If you could get an original 1/6 scale Huia RoboCop vinyl model kit, I might be able to do the work for you.

Mine has been on the back burner for a long time. How bad do you guys want to see me finish it?

The original detail isn't as fine and crisp as the Hot Toys body detail, so one thought I had was to battle-damage the Hot Toys figure so that the quality of details aren't quite so obviously different. Here's what I did to the original Tsukuda model kit body I had this head on before Hot Toys went and made models pointless.

HPIM2602.jpg

HPIM2603.jpg

HPIM2604.jpg

HPIM2606.jpg

Last edited:
Looks cool. I wish HT did the battle-damaged Robocop rather the existing 3 "regular" versions - Imean they did a BD ED209 after all so it would only have made sense for them to do a BD Robocop although I understand the likeness problems (still they always have done a "drake" on him and all he's need a is a repaint)

Here is a real Murphy likeness WIP I have been doing for my V1.

HPIM3586.jpg

Wow, beautiful work! I really wish someone would offer a custom Murphy head for the HT figure (one that actually looks like Weller). You have done an excellent job with the scratchbuilt details, especially the neck. I take it his head position is fixed?

Again, great work.

Mike

Back