ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - The Joker Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those that PM me, I can't attach pic in the PM mode, so here's a quick pic. I just took:

image.jpg

That's it. Wow that sculpt is so amazing, just goes to show how much potential the EB sculpt has when modded and the Irises are painted bigger than EB's tiny eyes.

Wow, that hair is too green, need to be muted down IMO.

Yep I totally agree, and even the flash makes it look worse! Wish I could dye it or something. :slap It's like the 89 Joker green color.

Really reminds me of this scene:

View attachment 128857

I think the paint job is based on that scene, I originally thought yours was to, until I saw that front on pic. Yours looks like the party crash scene or pretty much the standard clown Joker regardless of scene.

So what are the list of mods did Zack did on the Head again asides from the jaw line and forehead?

Can't remember off hand all of them.

But like I said it was just not the forehead and jaw line, he basically took EB's Ledger's head that look like it had been squashed in a vice and widen it, so it didn't look like Brandon Lee anymore with a skinny head.

Other thing he did was reducing the chin size and I think he might of puffed out the cheeks more where the scars are. :dunno

Nevertheless, the key on bringing out the likeness of Ledger was to widen the whole head because when u just look at the inner features like the eyes, nose and mouth they seem to be in proportion and accurate to Ledger's features.

On the left is stock sculpt, on the right is the Mod sculpt.

Apart from the paint job around the eyes and the shade of red around the lips they look pretty much identical as it is these inner features that are responsible for capturing the core likeness of Ledger.

Last edited:
Those that PM me, I can't attach pic in the PM mode, so here's a quick pic. I just took:

View attachment 128852

Hydeous, did you paint this one yourself? I'm not sure if it was you that picked up an unpainted one from MRM. That head looks so lifelike! Maybe I dodged a bullet, but I remember wanting to pick one up so bad since mine came with a paint rub on the nose. But I had too many pre-orders at the time.

I've been in the process of setting up my man-cave lately, so I've been moving stuff around. But here are a few picks of my Joker. Just messing around a bit. I still love this guy!

DSC_0230_zps0fce4053.jpg

DSC_0226_zps323d75de.jpg

DSC_0225_zpsd0a04ccb.jpg

DSC_0224_zpscfa28967.jpg

DSC_0221_zps8a356968.jpg

Hydeous, did you paint this one yourself? I'm not sure if it was you that picked up an unpainted one from MRM. That head looks so lifelike!

Normally, I would let Hydeous answer this question but since I am quoting on your post I believe Hydeous had his professionally painted by someone.

Maybe I dodged a bullet, but I remember wanting to pick one up so bad since mine came with a paint rub on the nose. But I had too many pre-orders at the time.

MRM sculpt is good but it needs to be professionally painted otherwise it looks like a cheap Mattel toy because MRM didn't paint the sculpt realistically.

I've been in the process of setting up my man-cave lately, so I've been moving stuff around. But here are a few picks of my Joker. Just messing around a bit. I still love this guy!

DSC_0230_zps0fce4053.jpg

DSC_0226_zps323d75de.jpg

DSC_0225_zpsd0a04ccb.jpg

DSC_0224_zpscfa28967.jpg

DSC_0221_zps8a356968.jpg

Wow that pose looks so natural like a real person! :horror

However, when the head is tilted down the likeness is practically lost because of the long chin, which makes the long face look even longer.

The head sculpt looks decent from front on.

And looks the best on these angles.

Last edited:
Normally, I would let Hydeous answer this question but since I am quoting on your post I believe Hydeous had his professionally painted by someone.

MRM sculpt is good but it needs to be professionally painted otherwise it looks like a cheap Mattel toy because MRM didn't paint the sculpt realistically.

Wow that pose looks so natural like a real person! :horror

However, when the head is tilted down the likeness is practically lost because of the long chin, which makes the long face look even longer.

The head sculpt looks decent from front on.

Thanks Darkavatar!

I get what you're saying about the chin. But honestly, I like how he looks with the head tilted down since the eyes on the stock head are painted looking up. Plus Joker had that hunched posture in TDK.

I'd love to get the head repainted or go for a MRM head to unlock more of a Ledger likeness, but I think I'm pretty content with the figure. Paint rubs, shoddy body and all. I kinda want to avoid putting more resources in refining this figure which I didn't with EB Batman and spend my monies on other stuff from SS or XM Studios. I'm pretty happy with my "Nolan Era Batman" collection as of now. :yess:

After having said that, watch HT will all of a sudden announce a 1/4 Ledger Joker and then everyone will start unloading this figure. :panic:

Thanks Darkavatar!

I get what you're saying about the chin. But honestly, I like how he looks with the head tilted down since the eyes on the stock head are painted looking up. Plus Joker had that hunched posture in TDK.

I totally understand why you do it, just people put this sculpt down because not just you but the majority of people tilt the head down, since the eyes are looking up too far u can't see them without doing that. I was just making a statement that when the head is tilted down it looks nothing like Ledger because of those features I mentioned. Had nothing to do with how you should pose the figure. ;)

I'd love to get the head repainted or go for a MRM head to unlock more of a Ledger likeness, but I think I'm pretty content with the figure. Paint rubs, shoddy body and all. I kinda want to avoid putting more resources in refining this figure which I didn't with EB Batman and spend my monies on other stuff from SS or XM Studios. I'm pretty happy with my "Nolan Era Batman" collection as of now. :yess:

Yeah unless you are someone like me that doesn't collect many licenses and really want's the best 1/4 Ledger sculpt you can get for an affordable price, then I see no need in buying Jan's custom or MRM's one. :eek:

After having said that, watch HT will all of a sudden announce a 1/4 Ledger Joker and then everyone will start unloading this figure. :panic:

Personally I doubt Hot Toys likeness will be as good as EBs despite EBs skinny long head the core likeness of Ledger is there, which is why just changing the head shape and jaw shape the sculpt looks practically dead on. Well Hydeous's one certainly does. :D

Last edited:
I'd pick the HT one over EB any day. The suit, outfit, body, weapons, box, heck pretty much everything would be better than EB's. Don't really need the head as I still have this one. But I think HT's would be better considering they don't usually double dip on their 1/4 scale.

I'd pick the HT one over EB any day. The suit, outfit, body, weapons, box, heck pretty much everything would be better than EB's.

I totally agree, Hot Toys produce quality and EB doesn't. The proportions, the clothing and just overall quality of the EB figure is just awful. You can't display him in his interrogation outfit because his legs just look so long the figure just looks totally weird, not to mention that awful tie. However, the head sculpt is useually the most important feature when it comes to buying figures.

Don't really need the head as I still have this one. But I think HT's would be better considering they don't usually double dip on their 1/4 scale.

EB suck at pretty much everything except their head sculpts for the most part have been better than Hot Toys counterparts so I doubt Hot Toys will be able to top the EB one. Even the QS001 Bale sculpt is not all that great and the cowl still has those bug eyes but at least they are deep set within the cowl and thus, not so noticeable. Nevertheless, EB's Batman begins cowl captures the likeness of Bale better than the QS001. Anyway, if they somehow do top the EB head sculpt, I doubt it will ever come close to your MRM one resculpt. :wink1:

Last edited:

The Jans head and stock head side by side

The stock version's sculpt looks wider but I think that maybe because it doesn't have rooted hair and thus, giving the illusion of a wider face because mine looks real skinny to when I compare it to stock. However, the paint job on Jan's is clearly better as far accuracy for make up goes, the painted make on EB's one doesn't even look like TDK Joker make up and thus, reduces the likeness of the sculpt as Leger as the Joker. Jan's also looks more like Ledger to because the Irises on the eyes are painted bigger and more noticeable than EB's beady little eyes, which you can barely notice unless u tilt the head down.

Back