Emperor Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting the feeling that we won't see an Exclusive sellout and this is THE Emperor. I'll be watching tomorrow's sales with interest. I am passing on this one after thinking about it. I think I'm better served with the 1:6 set up and saving some cash.

It is a larger version of the 12" figure, but the sculpt on the PF looks more like ROTS Palaptine. What worries me the most is that the upcoming Stormtroper Premium Format will also be a larger version of the 1:6 figure...

It's a shame because I really wanted this statue to be successful in sales and for everybody to like it.

Sideshow should really have previously released PFs from this line posed next to this. It would be better than that apple.

It is a larger version of the 12" figure, but the sculpt on the PF looks more like ROTS Palaptine. What worries me the most is that the upcoming Stormtroper Premium Format will also be a larger version of the 1:6 figure...

And the PF of 3PO & R2 will be a smaller version of the lifesize statues and 3PO life size bust :slap

Their design team needs a serious intervention. I know they are all artists and want to show it off with "artistic interpretations" of poses that theses characters could possibly have done..but as a collector (my opinion only) they should go with more iconic poses. I got the Jedi Luke PF but the pose is a big fail with so many other cool options. The emperor I have no basic qualms with besides the sitting forward , force lightening hands...just sit him back in his chair..have his head be able to swivel and arms. Though my point is, there are several PF's coming out I am excited for (Stormtrooper and droids) and I am only excited because I invision them to be in iconic poses...I really dont want to see them blow it on those. They are losing the company thousands upon thousands of dollars also with some of these bad choices. I know the Jedi Luke didnt sell well, and the main reason is the pose...and the crappy light up feature.

Their design team needs a serious intervention. I know they are all artists and want to show it off with "artistic interpretations" of poses that theses characters could possibly have done..but as a collector (my opinion only) they should go with more iconic poses. I got the Jedi Luke PF but the pose is a big fail with so many other cool options. The emperor I have no basic qualms with besides the sitting forward , force lightening hands...just sit him back in his chair..have his head be able to swivel and arms. Though my point is, there are several PF's coming out I am excited for (Stormtrooper and droids) and I am only excited because I invision them to be in iconic poses...I really dont want to see them blow it on those. They are losing the company thousands upon thousands of dollars also with some of these bad choices. I know the Jedi Luke didnt sell well, and the main reason is the pose...and the crappy light up feature.

:lecture QFT! You said basically what I said about why I DIDN'T buy my most anticipated Jedi Luke PF. Real disappointing. They do need an intervention.

I guess I could get the 12" scale Emperor and (non-light-up) Throne for $230, but that wouldn't display with all of my OT PFs. I want Palpatine to be in scale with the others, so I'm getting this.

AGREED! :goodpost:

Ordered the exclusive. I think that I'll be able to find a display option that I'll be pleased with. Still think the angry face and one hand off the throne might look good. It's $100 more than I think it should be, but it'll still look good with the other PFs.

Back