[ELVIS1976 | custom work] • 1/1 PROTON PACK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [ELVIS1976 | custom work] • 1/1 PROTON PACK

3332737491_2d8621e576.jpg

I really miss his updates - seems like a lot of people just gave up on this hobby....

Yeah he's been really quiet and this site is not what it once was!!! But he's barley posted on Facebook either!!!

Yeah, I hope he's all right. I spoke with him several times on FB awhile back and he did say he was essentially displeased with the direction the customizing world was going. I can't blame him.

Yeah, I hope he's all right. I spoke with him several times on FB awhile back and he did say he was essentially displeased with the direction the customizing world was going. I can't blame him.

I don't blame him either, this hobby used to be about passion and love for the art. Now it is over saturated and people just out there to make money, churning out mediocre custom parts with no respect for the fellow artist. Seb is supremely talented and I do hope he continues to create awesome pieces of art!

I was just bouncing around the site and started thinking to myself where have some of the regulars gone. I know one of my first posts was in this thread, telling Seb how great his work was. So I did a search for him and then realized he doesn't come here too often anymore. The worst part about it was realizing that many of his posts were through photobucket, and those are now gone thanks to their changes in hosting. That was very unsettling. I loved just looking at his talent on here.

Seb was always helpful. His work top notch. I agree with earlier post about the hobby-people just wan to buy stuff now and not alot of us still in the hobby to make customs.

Re: [ELVIS1976 | custom work] • 1/1 PROTON PACK

I agree with earlier post about the hobby-people just wan to buy stuff now and not alot of us still in the hobby to make customs.

I think there are still plenty of customizers, I just feel they've stopped posting on most forums which is really sad. We have them to thank for what they've done for the hobby. We all know that Seb is among that list of people that pushed and elevated what companies do.

Sad thing is even if you do post work no one really seems to care anymore. I know it's another "gee I miss the good old days" post, but it was cool 10 years ago that just about any custom that was shared would get some acknowledgement. Now, unless you're selling something no one really cares.

Hum...
Like some others customizers, I posted some of my personal work on this forum but its is past times just because of the lack of support.
We do not have all the talent of Elvis1976, that's a fact, but a nice word is always welcome...
So, I continue to customize with passion but just for myself.:rotfl
Same problem, the "Show your shelves" thread is dead or almost perhaps because some people consider that just the most expensive collection or pieces who deserve interest.
A lot of us lives speed today, perhaps some of us choose to concentrate their attention only on the best efforts...

Back