eFX X-wing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing is selling much faster than I thought it would. After only 1 1/2 hours, 285 were sold through eFX's site, plus however many have been placed through ADs.

efx confirmed it does not...but they have not confirmed how many were "reserved" for AD's, making the counter rather useless...

Thank you for the information, however I'd be totally taken aback if they sold through almost 50% of the ES of 1k in a few hours... on their own... with the higher shipping compared to Retailers... and the Economy as is. :huh

But if that's what they say...

Amy from EFX posted pics of the 2 plaques for the X-Wing on another site. I really like the signature plaque. Ordered from Mike @ Razor's so no payment plan for me.:monkey2

xwingplaqueartse3rk6.jpg

xwingplaqueartle3fu6.jpg

Look's great.

I love that these guys are picking up where MR left off on the high end ships.

I'd love to pick this up to complement the Falcon and AT-AT, but am going to have to hold off for now unfortunately. Congrats to those taking the plunge!

I love this but I can't afford it right now and it should be interesting to see how this does on the Secondary Market because MR's old Studio Scales notoriously took major dives......

I love this but I can't afford it right now and it should be interesting to see how this does on the Secondary Market because MR's old Studio Scales notoriously took major dives......

True, although the AT-AT, snowspeeder and Y-wing recovered some eventually. If they really make all 1000 I suspect you will be able to find good deals on an X-wing a few months after they ship.

Well, if you're referring to the Snowspeeder, yeah they made 1,500 :horror of those and it's still collecting dust in some stores. There are 1750 AT-AT's (both versions), 2000 Falcons, and the Y-Wing was under-produced, and that's the only one that has held its own and sells over retails.

The X-Wing at 1000, should fare much better. It's an essential piece, and for many, including myself it will be their only SS model in their collection.

I do wish they chopped off the the ES to whatever it sells out to, using the "1000 ES for everything" only as a guide. It worked well for the Stormtrooper helmet.

It will be interesting to see how many non-sig versions there will be. My thinking (and hope) is that the non-sig version will be available for less down the road...

It will be interesting to see how many non-sig versions there will be. My thinking (and hope) is that the non-sig version will be available for less down the road...

Well the version with the regular plaque will be much more limited that's for sure.

Well the version with the regular plaque will be much more limited that's for sure.

That's the irony. You don't get 2 plaques, only one. So the Non-SE plaque is more limited.

At the rate this is selling I predict there will be about 750 SE/250 Non-SE or they just do the whole run as an SE and call it a day.

Thank you for the information, however I'd be totally taken aback if they sold through almost 50% of the ES of 1k in a few hours... on their own... with the higher shipping compared to Retailers... and the Economy as is. :huh

But if that's what they say...

You have a few factors here:

1. Reasonable ES for something as iconic as this.
2. Easier to display than the Falcon.
3. Signature incentive for preorders.
4. Star Wars popularity shadows other properties when compared to a Cinemaquette piece in the same price range.
5. Good impressions and reviews from people that have seen it in person.

eFX is formed by people that worked for Master Replicas and learned from that company's hard learned lessons. They created a payment plan, went back to preorders, are looking into alternate forms of shipping, etc. in an effort to giving themselves a shot of selling these pieces well.

As I mentioned on rebelscum, they NEEDED an incentive to make people preorder and they knew that so they made it happen. I don't think there was much of a choice. If they had not come up with that signature, it would be a different story. The economy is what it is right now so they knew what they had to do and adapted. Well done.

Yep, I agree with your points, it's just a little awkward that not more of the apparently 500 Preorders on their website were directed towards retailers with the free shipping offers, lower downpayments etc. Than again non of them offers a payment plan, might be a factor.

Anyways, judging by how eFX's advertising process went so far (announcement, continuous information on the development progress to the community and finally the transparent preorder placement) it should be a showcase example for other producers how to place highend collectibles (*hint*Sideshow*hint*). If the factory pieces can live up to that standard this would truely be an outstanding job through and through.

Dealers are restricted on one thing: they can't sell below retail.

So they use their other advantages:

1. Passing the savings of whatever discount they get from eFX as a free shipping to us
2. Accepting American Express
3. Lowering the deposit amount (BIG around now on the holidays)
4. Offering no tax for California residents

I am sure dealers will take about another 20% of the preorders remaining on that status bar eFX is showing when all is said and done on the 21st.

just got a newsletter:

free s&h in continentall US (even if you already ordered)

will retire item on the 21st, final size will then be determined and put on plaque

act fast!!!

just got a newsletter:

free s&h in continentall US (even if you already ordered)

will retire item on the 21st, final size will then be determined and put on plaque

act fast!!!

looks like there are 600-700 ordered so far judging by the bar line on their website.

man i'm so tempted to get on the payment plan...such a great option they added.

Back